SAU Community

Im Going To See The Gtr This Sundy!

m3gtr

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not highjacking just thought I'd add to the same thread rather than create endless new ones.

As for the rugby, I was at the Eurostar Terminal when the place was full of you guys (and a lot of Kiwis I might add), who'd decided not to arrive until the semi-finals. Great fun saying to them "why are you here? you're lot have already left. But I'll buy your final ticket off you" :D Can't believe we got as far as we did!!!!!!

anyway, back to topic............

At the last count we had over 1,500 photos of the new car (how sad is that?!!) but will do some major sifting over the next week to get a worthwhile stack. Any information would be great so please let me know. you can email me at info@gtr .co.uk

We have some technical photos to post up soon (just finished them) of the suspension and other parts broken down.

:)

that's harsh fuggles! you can't mention the rugby! too soon. ;) anway australia has decided we don't care about rugby any more after getting put out by the mother country twice in 2 world cups we are now focussing on any sport we can win. namely cricket. how was that last ashes series? *cough. or the world cup for that matter? :P not bad for a convict colony which only 20 milion felons call home. half our population is in some kind of national team. hehe.

and by all means feel free to post the pics when you have had a sift through. the new GTR is certainly a very special car at a price that is hard to believe!

West, were you directing that to me?

If so, yes i will be documenting the drive and ive already posted a host of photos for you to see! :P

Yeah mate,

Who else on this forums get to test drive the new R before you do ;)? If you can, please de-badge the new GTR and send it to me J/K! Thanks in advance for the pics.

lol, ill post pictures of the Merc when we get it. ;) The GTR will be the next car. You do realise i can privately import a car after a year, dont you? Have you seen the price of CLK's at auction here in Tokyo? Now do the math, Ken. Whats the price of an 04 merc in Oz?

Doesnt take a genius to work it out, buddy.

And with the money i make off that plus the deposit my wife and i will out down, what do you think i will do?

Think what you want Ken. You always have been a stubborn bugger.

What you still fail to realise is that i make a lot more money now than i did in Australia. Ive moved on. Youre still stuck in a time warp.

Haha, yeah the colt and Phu. Those were the days. :sorcerer:

lol, you think things are the same now as they were before? whatever. :P

No need to get so upset over it! :laughing-smiley-014:

Ken, i would have thought you would be happy for me but i guess not.

If you are going to buy a Merc so you can bring it back to Aus and sell it to make money think again. The cost to buy it in Japan is just the start, add to that , transport , import duty and gst and don't forget they depreciate heaps in 12+ months too. By all means buy one to enjoy it but not to make money selling it here .The other thing you have to consider a private import is never going to be worth as much as localy sold car so allow 20% less at least .

lol, ill post pictures of the Merc when we get it. :) The GTR will be the next car. You do realise i can privately import a car after a year, dont you? Have you seen the price of CLK's at auction here in Tokyo? Now do the math, Ken. Whats the price of an 04 merc in Oz?

Doesnt take a genius to work it out, buddy.

And with the money i make off that plus the deposit my wife and i will out down, what do you think i will do?

Think what you want Ken. You always have been a stubborn bugger.

What you still fail to realise is that i make a lot more money now than i did in Australia. Ive moved on. Youre still stuck in a time warp.

Haha, yeah the colt and Phu. Those were the days. :sorcerer:

lol, you think things are the same now as they were before? whatever. :P

No need to get so upset over it! :laughing-smiley-014:

Ken, i would have thought you would be happy for me but i guess not.

fighting over who has what car and who has more info.. thats just lame mate :)

fighting over who has what car and who has more info.. thats just lame mate :)
RB20E

Trader Rating : 0

Actually you are lame for bringing up ended arguements again. and way to lodge your first post here. If you are looking for fun to start a flame war you have joined the wrong forum. :down:

Lol, what has this thread become :)

This thread actually has some good valuable info about the GTR if you ignore all the idiotic posts from people whos having a bad day.

You could see the OP is obviously very enthusiastic about the new GTR that he wanted to share what he think is first hand info (and are actually news to most people here) with fellow skyline enthusiasts and therefore making a contribution towards the forum which is exactly what we were supposed to do. Not flaming each other or creating doubts about OP's credibility. Some people in this thread has forgotten why they are here.

Anyways its good to see the majority of people are the appreciating type.

Now get back to the topic. m3gtr maybe you want to edit all the pictures and "scoops" into the first post so its easier for everyone to read all the good stuff.

Cheers

Actually you are lame for bringing up ended arguements again. and way to lodge your first post here. If you are looking for fun to start a flame war you have joined the wrong forum. :down:

dont get me wrong.. the pictures and info that m3gtr posted is really interesting especially the pictures they were good mate :) .. just think that a good thread shouldnt be spoiled by constant flaming.. and yawn the mitsu girl is hot hot hot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah mate,

Who else on this forums get to test drive the new R before you do ;)? If you can, please de-badge the new GTR and send it to me J/K! Thanks in advance for the pics.

Ken.

maybe. :)

If you are going to buy a Merc so you can bring it back to Aus and sell it to make money think again. The cost to buy it in Japan is just the start, add to that , transport , import duty and gst and don't forget they depreciate heaps in 12+ months too. By all means buy one to enjoy it but not to make money selling it here .The other thing you have to consider a private import is never going to be worth as much as localy sold car so allow 20% less at least .

where exactly did you get this 20%? Was it a number that just kinda popped into your head? Or was it a number you would pay?

Do you know how much an '04 CLK is here? have a guess. Do you know how expensive it is to own a car in japan - especially a luxury one and that Japanese people regularly move cars after 3 years, upgrading to something new - leaving a pristine car with 10 - 15k on the clock? Plus, the taxes for cars like that arent as ridiculously high as australia.

Plus, I can tell you over the past year Ive done my homework. Ive already factored in the prices for LCT, GST, import duty, shipping, insurance, dereg from Japan, reg in Oz and i still come out a long way ahead.

Even if i factor in 10% based on what you think Aussies would be willing to pay for a German car that was in japan instead of australia i STILL come out a long way ahead.

looks like a clear winner to me.

by the way, German cars dont depreciate nearly as badly as Japanese ones. Everyone knows that...except i hope for the GTR.

Edited by m3gtr

Actually you are lame for bringing up ended arguements again. and way to lodge your first post here. If you are looking for fun to start a flame war you have joined the wrong forum. :)

forged, ashauntee obviously didnt know Ken and I know each other from a few years ago.

What he also doesnt know is that we have always gotten on each others nerves. We both have the ability to come across as arrogant bastards... :)

the worst part is that hes been here longer than me... ;)

Edited by m3gtr

where exactly did you get this 20%? Was it a number that just kinda popped into your head? Or was it a number you would pay?

Do you know how much an '04 CLK is here? have a guess. Do you know how expensive it is to own a car in japan - especially a luxury one and that Japanese people regularly move cars after 3 years, upgrading to something new - leaving a pristine car with 10 - 15k on the clock? Plus, the taxes for cars like that arent as ridiculously high as australia.

Plus, I can tell you over the past year Ive done my homework. Ive already factored in the prices for LCT, GST, import duty, shipping, insurance, dereg from Japan, reg in Oz and i still come out a long way ahead.

Even if i factor in 10% based on what you think Aussies would be willing to pay for a German car that was in japan instead of australia i STILL come out a long way ahead.

looks like a clear winner to me.

by the way, German cars dont depreciate nearly as badly as Japanese ones. Everyone knows that...except i hope for the GTR.

Hmmm personally, I don't see why someone who can purchase an 04 CLK would bother with a Jap import, but that's just me.

Edited by IOWNU

Hmmm personally, I don't see why someone who can purchase an 04 CLK would bother with a Jap import, but that's just me.

??? :):blink:

I wouldnt consider a GTR, any ordinary Japanese import!

The numbers for the CLK all look right.

An 04 BMW 5 series was the other option.

i have to think about the aussie market and i reckon those two cars would appeal to those slightly well heeled. The economy in Oz is in good shape too, so thats a bonus..except for the bloody exchange rate!

Edited by m3gtr