SAU Community

another article about R35 Skyline...

There were a lot of people who said Nissan was digging its own grave by not simply re-styling the previous range of Skylines to look more recognisable, to play on its already sky-high popularity, especially in Asia.

But Nissan didn't listen - it went for something all-new, something daring and the nay-sayers have been silenced - for now, at least. In its first month on sale in Japan, where the Skyline has a cult following to give Scientology a run for its money, 6400 units were sold, which was three times the target figure.

More here

Guest wilco

One of the engineers who works in my team bought an R35 (Nissan G35 there) about 4 months ago in California. He was looking at the 350Z (Nissan Z there) which is going to be released in a twin turbo variant shortly, but he went with the Skyline. I didn't get to see it but hope to go for a ride next time I am there.

He tells me it is a brilliant ride, and has a lot of go for a NA car (he also has a 911 turbo and has built a few race cars from the ground up for personal use), and I think the looks of the R35 will grow on people.

still to me, that ain't a skyline. R35 = Sell out.

But hats off on the technology side of things :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's also some NEW pics of the GTR in 'Wheels' magazine. Starting to look better... anyone got a scanner AND the mag??

Guest trancified

wasnt the G35 Infinity sold with the non-round tail lamps and the R35 was to be sold with round ones? Otherwise how can they call it a skyline?

Guest tirod

isnt the next gen GT-R gonna be just Nissan GTR?? w/o any skyline in the name.. anybody seen those concept pics of it??

Haven't they been on sale for 18 months or so in Japan though?  

Do they go fast still? lol

im not sure about 18 months but they have been over there for a long time. yes they still go fast :rolleyes:

wasnt the G35 Infinity sold with the non-round tail lamps and the R35 was to be sold with round ones?

see my attached pics

The round tail lights are on the new skyline, just underneath the plastic, so you only see the Afterburners sihloette (oh god I can not spell)

i dont have one of the 35 skyline at night but lok at the infinity!. id imagine the v35 is exactly the same.

Ive been in an Infiniti G35 sedan, my boss in the US took us for a spin going to lunch one day.

Its not as pretty as the coupe and its not as powerful as i expected but it sure is nice.

It had the tiptronic transmission and when he hit the rev limiter it sounded awesome. Bounced it for a couple seconds...

If i had to have a sedan i would still choose the R34 4 door any day.

The coupe is quite nice looking tho.

hahaha.. SOme of these nissan concepts are horrible. What did nissan all of a sudden find that its faster to build cars that are boxy?

Im sorry but the skyline ended with the r34. The g35 is simply a lexus compeditor and we all need to hope that nissan comes up with something better in the GT-R range or works the 350Z to be a twin turbo ATTESSA beast.

It sure is!! ;)

Though I reckon the GT-R concept doesn't look too bad, pretty mean looking, at least it's not soft like the new skyline/lexus.

The big question is whether they will make a GT-S aswell as a

GT-R concept so that those of us that are too cheap can still continue the legacy of the beast from the east..... aka. Godzilla ;)

From the look of their concept cars, I think someone at nissan has been watching a few too many sci-fi cartoons :D