SAU Community

Large Single V Medium Twins

[200]

Hi,

I am looking at buying a turbo for my Rb26/30 build up.

I was looking at using a twin HKS GT3240 but after reading some info on the to4r.com site I think it may not be the best choice (1073hp on 35psi with a 3.4lt stroker). I had a look at the Garrett GT with the same amount of boost it made 1230hp (dont know if N20 or stroker kit was used). Dynojet dyno used.

Does anyone have any dyno graphs of these turbos from an Rb26 motor? I am thinking between

GT3240 x 2

GT3037 x 2

GT45

GT47

I am sort of put off by the garrett turbo's as they are so damn heavy and large although the GT47 has seen some impressive numbers on the track...

Ideally the car is for the drags, just as long as I can drive it there and back I will be happy. No need to worry about other mods either, I just want info on the turbos.

well put it this way...

mark jacobson uses a GT47

theo woolett uses a GT45

for cost, ease of maintenance i'd go big single all day everyday.

assuming u've got all the right gear to support the big turbo, 800-1000hp use a GT42, anything over that look at a 45 or 47.

maybe, but ud be paying ~2k extra for that slight performance gain, and that nice shiny badge :rolleyes:

have you thought about running say a 42r and some size shot of gas? (this is what i'm doing)

I really didn't want to use gas. I hate the idea of having to pay extra money just to spool the turbo each time I want to run a quick time.

True about the extra money - it would be better off spent on other parts...

I am leaning towards the gt4508 now ~ $3,500 which isnt too bad.