SAU Community

R32 Gtr Centre Console Gauges

Turbz_13

Just wondering if anyone has replaced these 3 guages with after market ones that read more accurate.

also would it be possible to change the oil pressure guage in dash with the volt meter guage in the centre console? vice-versa

I would like to put oil pressure, oil temp and boost guages in that read accuratly in the centre console,

cheers

James

Just wondering if anyone has replaced these 3 guages with after market ones that read more accurate.

Yes, see the Defi range of guages.

also would it be possible to change the oil pressure guage in dash with the volt meter guage in the centre console? vice-versa

I would like to put oil pressure, oil temp and boost guages in that read accuratly in the centre console,

Um, you need the gauges you look at to be in the instrument cluster, not the console. If I had my choice I would flick the front torque gauge & the fuel gauge to the console & put the boost & oil temp gauges in the instrument cluster.

But anyway they look roughly the same size, but the wiring would be a bitch to sort out. Not much room behind between the printed circuits & the gauges for messing about.

Best bet is if you are worried about this stuff is to get a proper data logger & a warning led for when stuff goes outside the parameters eg too high oil temp or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...
3 x defi's

Question about removing the stock 3 piece gauges; Ive taken of the front fascia and unscrewed the metal frame that houses the Aircon and the stereo, but I cant seem to get the gauges to slide out... they seem to be stuck behind a piece of black plastic which I cant see the bolt points for.... can anyone give me a heads up how to do this?

Thanks!

-Dohmar

mine.. they look shit in this photo but really turned out great.

I used the standard plastic bezel from the stock 3 guage cluster to give it a stock look. Guages are 52mm autometer's.. or autoguages i cant remember. which ever is the cheap ones.

post-7752-1195534129_thumb.jpg