SAU Community

R32 Rb20det Fuel Pressure

Ganador

Hey guys, My mate bought an r32 the other day and was wanting to find a couple of things out. The car kind of stutters shifting and sometimes almost stalls a lights, it seems like it getting to much fuel. The car has a malpassi RR FPR on it and was wondering what the correct pressure for it would be. The cars running 14psi, front mount intercooler and a slightly upgraded exhaust. now the standard FPR on the fuel rail has the vacuum line disconnected i understand this is correct when running an aftermarket FPR so its always open??..

Thanks to all help. Dave

Edited by Ganador

stock fuel pressure is:

when ignition switch is ON: approx 3.0 bar (45 psi)

During idle: approx 2.5 bar (35 psi)

Idling when press reg vacuum hose is removed: approx 3.0 bar (45psi)

and you should remove the std fpr when running and aftermarket item. but yeah running it with the vac line removed will keep it in the open position. but it will be creating a restriction.

Edited by QWK32

hrrrmmm... my RB20 had 38psi of fuel pressure without the vacuum line disconnected at idle. i put a RR FPR on it and now i run 55psi with no vacuum line on it.

Its got a Mines ECU fitted. The BOV is a TurboSmart Type-3. I thought the BOV might need adjusting?? The O-Ring on the BOV screw hat seems old cause the screw hat it stiff to turn.

With the vacuum line hooked up to the stock one, wont it just run normal standard fuel pressure therefore making the use of the aftermarket one useless?

Thanks, Dave.