SAU Community

Sa/sau $30 Dyno/bbq/club Day

Cubes

Dyno Day  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dont worry about it. Just spoke to matty.

Begin Rant/

What a bollocksing joke. Seriously. People try to do shit legit, keep the peace, have track cars that get trailered, Drift ON the track, generally try to put modifying into a good perspective to to public, and

A) Some bollockshead in a soarer goes and screws it for everyone

B) The po-po still decide to screw people over. Like defecting people on there way out to the track. Cars that are trailered etc....

Im usually one of the first to say "bollocks man, he's only really doing his job", but the cop admitting to a "zero tollerance policy" enough is enough.

I sometimes wonder if it's actually worth it. My R31 is HIGHLY modded (Cage/coils/RB20/lots of sus mods etc) and probably going to last me 3 seconds on the street. Hence, will not be getting rego'd. And getting it defected if it's being loaded on/off a trailer? Does that mean that it can be defected being loaded in my driveway? Being poublic access and all.....

Maybe I should just go buy a bollocksing house. Least THAT isnt "illegal"

End Rant/

Edited by R31 drift pig

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys. that was my 1st sau meet :nyaanyaa: only new to this whole thing... just got my self an s2 stag, made an early apperance. what happened with this soarer guy? tough guyed it up the st a few times im guessing? :D woulda got on the rollers if i wasnt on a space saver haha! cheers..

If you can't be bothered with editing out the number plates I can host it if you wish and we can then send links around to a few of us..

By any chance you didn't get the Soarer on vid did you? Both on the dyno and up/down the street?

That wouldn't be a bad idea cubes....at least that way some of us can work out whose ride it is by the plate

As per the conversation I had with matty...

The policeman who was handing out fines left right and centre said that they had the plates for the soarer and that he was next on their list, and was going to get his car impounded, and fines/loss of license coming out the ying yang.

Needs a club lock to the head I say.....

I honestly wonder what goes through peoples heads sometimes.... this is why shaun is so hesitant to hold dyno days now. And I dont blame him.

To all those who did the right thing though, and it was 99% of you guys, hope you had a good day, wish I had made it. Would have put to corolla on LOL. Would have laughed if it had made more than 50kw's at the wheels.

wish i couldve made it today, wouldve been nice to see what the celsior makes before i sell it.

shame about what happened to matty, hope the guy in the soarer gets whats coming to him.

Thanks to Joel and partner (sorry didn't catch your name) for a well run event.Snags hit the spot and the soft drinks were definately needed considering the heat so hats off.There are some nice skylines getting around thats for sure yesterday proved that.

Looking at my dyno graph it goes to 164 then drops to 151 and then climbs to 174.9.All i can say is hurry up power FC (been waiting 8 weeks now)and see you again soon Boostworx for a tune.

Lee

hey guys, im new to this website but met a couple of you up at the dyno day today.

I was invited by a good mate of mine to bring down my new Aristo 3.0V, probably so he could further feed his ego by destroying my dyno pull with his nicely worked 33 lol now im never gonna hear the end of it :nyaanyaa:

Anyways despite pulling one of the smaller numbers of the day I was still happy with 167kW given the beasts still completely stock and choking on a very restrictive exhaust setup. Its still due for an ECU reset and some new sparkplugs, so even though I was expecting a higher figure given the coniditions I reckon it pulled of a very healthy figure.

Dont know if ill be modding it in the future its nice clean, subtle powerful and reliable how it is, if anything ill chuck on a new exhaust so I can actually remember if ive turned it on!

btw nice rides guys. I was expecting most to be stockers with bpu's but lots of you were pulling well over 170rwkw nice work

Also why is everyone jumping on the "soarer drivers" back?

you are a first class tosser. :D

if anything you were speeding up and down the street more then the soarer.

your maturity level and common sense levels were certainly shown yesterday. cause its people like you and your mate that shouldnt be licenced or at least fined heavily not poor old matty.

a perfect example was when shaun asked you to turn your car around so he could put it on the dyno.

you took off down the street doing 80 in a 50 zone, did a u turn came flying back up past us all

went up to the roundabout, drove around it and came back and parked where you were to begin with.

how is that turning your car around fool?

shaun just shook his head and did it himself.

so in future can u please think more when your driving, and especially when your at a organised event.

Thanks for organising a highly professional dyno day joel (and partner), and also to Shaun and the Boostworx team. Was glad i was able to bring the drift car down for a run, and also to be able to run the ute for some shits and giggles (and at least the ol 3.8l cracked the 100kw barrier). Was a hot day, was sweating like crazy, but its what we do for our cars. Some impressive figures (especially yours dangerman, thought itd be a sleeper but wasnt quite expecting that high a figure hahaha)

Now to get the :D out

Also why is everyone jumping on the "soarer drivers" back?

Now i'll start my rant and explain what exactly happened. Because of your bollocksing mate the cops showed up. Because i was unable to leave my drift car on the trailer while the ute ran, i unfortunately had an unregistered, uninsured car parked on a public road. The cop did his lap past the front of the shop, turned around and pulled up next to my car. I did the right thing, went over and talked to him (thinking he was goin to come over at some point and ask whos car it was). Right now i'll admit that i shouldnt have had it parked there, but u wouldnt have expected the visitors. If they hadnt shown up no-one woulda been the wiser

The cop explained to me about the multiple phonecalls because of one wanker flying up and down the street he had to come out. Unfortunately because i was the honest law abiding citizen who wasnt intentionally doing something wrong that i unfortunately was going to get into trouble.

Initially option A was bought up. Unregistered vehicle parked on a public thoroughfare, Uninsured vehicle parked on a public thoroughfare. Penalty: Attend court, most likely lose licence for 3 months. He was also looking around at this point at the 16 or so cars parked, and if id taken the court option he was going to go to each and every car parked at the dyno day and regency defect them all. Its zero tolerance now, and they arent going soft anymore (first impound is now 7 days)

However the cop wasnt quite that much of a prick, as he gave me an option B. Fine for unassigned numberplates displayed (jap plates), $100, no points. Having a vehicle on a public thoroughfare that is in breach of ADRs (many categories, he did me the generic ENGINE one). $200, no points. Plus he then took photos, recorded VIN and wrote me a defect notice (this was option B's "court appearance" so to speak). I had to load the car up by winching onto the trailer (as i wasnt allowed to drive it on the road due to the 0 time on the defect notice issued) but once on the trailer i could drive it the rest of the way on under its own power.

That was the easy bit (cheers to luke, shaun (evil34) and a few of the guys there that helped winch her on and get me on the trailer. Meanwhile he did his paperwork and came across a problem. If id chosen option A id have been bollocksed for sure. I was approached and asked why my car was also parked on a road contrary to a previous defect notice (and then why the other defect label had been removed). I explained the fact that it was unregd etc, track only that i removed it due to being in line of sight. Ive kept the label at home safely. Technically not allowed to move defect sticker at all, but the cop hinted i can move it to anywhere visibile on the car, but not remove from the car.

He was good about it (even tho it was crap, coulda done the "i'll turn my back for 5 mins, get that on the trailer and we'll say nothing more). But it coulda been worse (and no option B). That woulda cost me my job. Also woulda ruined my Army career (as a loss of licence involves revoking of military licence, which also means i lose all my heavy machinery tickets, which means im not competent to do my job, which results in discharge). So you think im annoyed now, be glad THAT didnt happen. There would have been bigger action for sure, believe you me. Im not an angry person, but by hell theres a line.

If id taken option A, that woulda become 6 months loss of licence. 3 major infringements also would have incurred a 7 day impound of the car (plus impound fees plus MORE court fees, fines etc). So i got outta the last bit VERY lucky. However now they know my drift car, and it means i cant do the innocent thing of unloading out hte front of my house and driving into the driveway. ive gotta get 3 people together any time i want to bring it home so i can reverse into the drive and unload it.

So why are we all having a go at the soarer dude? Do you REALLY need to ask that question now? If I see him around again at all, he's going to cop a piece of my mind. Im not going to punch on etc, im going to give him a bollocksing big piece of my mind. I know the cop was heading to his place straight afta boostworx, so he's more than likely copped it hard (and hopefully if karma has its way that car will be sitting in an impound yard somewhere). Do I care if he's sorry etc? No, because if he was truly sorry he wouldnt have been a bollocksING WANKER TO START WITH AND CONTINUED TO BE A WANKER AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO!

I apologise if i offend anyone (but dont care if i offend the tosser with the soarer or his mates..........and if they have an issue they can take it up with me personally). But now the long weekend that was going to be enjoyable and relaxing (dyno day yesterday, then burnout comp last nite, mates bday, sittin in a pool chillin today and goin to pt adelaide for the rally tomorrow) has turned into a slightly stressed out weekend where im $300 lighter in my rear pocket, a couple more small infringements on my otherwise clean driving record, but thankfully still able to go to work and army because i still have my licence.

/End Rant

Thanks for the invite...had an awseome day and cant wait for the vids.....my car was leaning out pretty bad so the boys didnt give it a hard time :D ....woulda loved to stay but i had a headache which turned into a migrane when i got home.....was nice to meet all of yous people (grammar?? lol) and was hella impressed by dangerman?? (33 4dr) just showing you dont need a manual to have fun :nyaanyaa: ..the soarer guy?? woulda loved to vent some rage on him...but being my first sau day i thought it best not to..i mean jesus...i drive past boostworx everynight after work and dont feel the need to go dosing past!!.......i'll be back with better pump and reg...hopefully hit that 200kw mark that ive been aiming for...

Must have missed the soaror guy, left a bit early. Had to look at a car for my little bro...

Shame about the heat, but it was good to go and see a WELL RUN dyno event.

Also shame about MATTY.

Would have been nice to put the GTR up on the dyno but damn 4wd....

Lol was good to see a few faces i knew

cheers!

lol don't use 4wd as an excuse i dropped my front drive shaft and pulled a fuse :):)

Must have missed the soaror guy, left a bit early. Had to look at a car for my little bro...

Shame about the heat, but it was good to go and see a WELL RUN dyno event.

Also shame about MATTY.

Would have been nice to put the GTR up on the dyno but damn 4wd....

Lol was good to see a few faces i knew

cheers!

OMG...

I left boostworx just before 11 after going on the dyno first of the day.... what time did this happen?

feel sorry for you matty31.

what did the guy in sorer do? was the sorer with the chrome wheels?

btw. thanks cubes for organising the day!

when i left i went to the woodcroft shoping centre and quess who was there.

our little willy'd soarer driver.

well i think it was him anyway. same colour, mags and dumb ass exhaust hanging out the back.

maybe he was hiding from the popo

i think i spotted you Adz2332 on south road yesterday during the midday sort of timeish.....sorry i could make it to this one boys....thought i wont run my car on the dyno since it was such a hot day and i have a dodgy intercooler hosing that likes to pop off when its as hot as it was on saturday....maybe next time when its a lot cooler and btw who got the highest power figure and what was the power figure