SAU Community

Sa/sau $30 Dyno/bbq/club Day

Cubes

Dyno Day  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

\

Hillzy,

So your currently not driving your car?

If its going to blow up it will blow up on the road. If your worried about running it up on the dyno definitely do not give it a boot on the road as the road is not a controlled environment; you can't hear or see it pinging so you keep your foot in to it and BANG! :)

Oh everythings fine with it. Doesn't miss a beat! The thing is thrashing it right to the red line a few times on the dyno makes me all antsy in my pantsy.

Is it very hard on the engine?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somebody take footage of sky30 for me as i am not going to be able to make it to the dyno day.

I want to see what my old car sounds like now.

Cheers

Shaun

Oh everythings fine with it. Doesn't miss a beat! The thing is thrashing it right to the red line a few times on the dyno makes me all antsy in my pantsy.

You worry too much. :)

Its about as hard on the engine as overtaking on the open road in third gear.

If this is your first dyno day come along for a look see; you'll see no cars blow up etc and how its nothing more than a 5second run to peak power and then off again. :D

haha

thrashing to the red line gets you worried? geeze, my RB25 spends 99% of its time on the limiter :dry: Ive thrashed my RB's more then most people on here will ever do... and not had one blow, let alone a power run on the dyno :P

as joel said, its a good opportunity to run it up anc check your AFR's and make sure all is A OK as you never know when your fuel pump might decide to cark it

Somebody take footage of sky30 for me as i am not going to be able to make it to the dyno day.

I want to see what my old car sounds like now.

Cheers

Shaun

Hey Shaun, hows things?

Car sounds just a little different now......

Yes It will be at Boostworx again. Boostworx have the best price for a dyno day.

Myself I'm not too keen on spending $50 for a power run that some of the other dyno operators are charging when all you receive is a laminated dyno sheet with possibly a picture. GW does both 2wd and 4wd $40 and $50 respectively but $10 is $10.

I feel $30 is quite reasonable. A BBQ and Cold drinks will be available; Boostworx also has evap aircon so there will be plenty of air movement.

If the weather is possibly hot/warm it could be a really good time to hold a dyno day depending on how you look at it.

Its always good to have the car on the dyno during hot weather as you are able to find out how it runs in such conditions.

Is it pinging. Is it safe to give it a bit of a boot during hot weather?

So for those of you that don't have the car run up both in cold and hot weather it will be a good chance to see if the car is running well.

However... If the majority would like the day to be held a little later by all means it can be done. :rofl:

I personally don't mind the idea of a warm dyno day as its a good check up.

I'm glad that it is at Boostworx as all my previous dyno tuning was done there so I can compare results from the same dyno. Your point about having a dyno run in hot weather is valid as well.

Count me in.

Hey Shaun, hows things?

Car sounds just a little different now......

Hey Andrew,

All is going well just not as well as yours. lol

Have youy sold your black GTST yet or not? Might have someone that is interested if it is still about!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey ppls,

Unsure how this thread ended up closed; maybe I clicked something without realizing. :woot:

This dyno day is still up and running.

I'll look at getting peoples to start laying some $$ down to secure the day.

If we don't get the required minimum the day won't go ahead. Which is unlikely given the interest shown.

We need a minimum of 10 people to pay in full ($30), those that pay first get to choose when they want to run. Those that don't pay upfront don't get to choose and their spot may not be secured if there are too many cars on the day.

Its cooler in the morning. :(

Cubes,

What's the chance of Shaun spending a little time checking/adjusting on the cars? I was thinking of putting on the turbotech before this day and doing my best to set it to about 10psi and having it checked out on the day. Do you think shaun would spend some time adjusting it if its not dead on 10psi, or is it simply on-off the rollers?