SAU Community

R32 Gtr Restrictor's

Husky11

G'day

I have a 89 R32 GTR with steel internals in the turbos.

I was hoping to remove the solenoid restrictor to raise the boost from the standard 0.75ish bar. The only problem is the restirctor from the yellow ringed vacuum line is not there, but the boost is still standard!

I have an aftermarket HKS boost gauge (approx 0.75 bar) to confirm this and the indash gauge reads approx 4, just over the line between 0 and 7.

So my question is, is there another restirctor that is required to be removed to raise the boost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheer

Husky11

Thanks for the reply N1GTR.

Yes, stock ECU.

Your right EBC or bleed tap would do the job nicely if not better in regardss to boost spikes, but just wanted to try to see how everything responds near 1 bar.

Its got me stumped why I'm still at stock boost with no apparant restrictor fitted.

So is there a possibility that there is more than one restrictor or they were fitted elsewhere?

I have checked along the yellow banded line to the transition from rubber to rigid line.

Husky11

i think you need to get the boost restrictor removed from the ECU. Theirs a few chips that do that including one from HKS that taps into your computer. They also have similar units for fuel cut elimination, speed cut elimitation and a MAF stabalizer for aftermarket BOV and atmospheric.

The part the hoses plugs into (Don't know what it is called, sorry) can and does suffer from corrosion. This has the same effect as having a restrictor in the rubber hose. So maybe change it for a known good one.

Also a stock R32 ECU doesn't have a MAP feed. Strange but true. If you have a stock ECU it is not an ECU problem.

post-5134-1193798493_thumb.jpg

Edited by djr81

Thanks Guys.

Seems strange if I have de-restricted leaky lines that results in stock boost.

I can't wait to experiance 1 bar, pretty sure it will result in a in-cabin bar......

Will clean up the solenoid connections and see if theres a delta.

Husky11