SAU Community

Newbies

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Had my V35 for around 2.5yrs. Its a 2003 5AT Caribbean Blue coupe, pretty reilable car. Got tein coilovers, 20inch zennetti rims, and hid headlight fitted.

Soo yeah, just thought i'll join the V35 community

Cheers all

about time :D

did you go to the WA cruise on the weekend?

Would have gone to the cruise, but car was getting repaired in the shop. A small 4wd suzuki with a bull bar rear ended the car while my wife was on her way to work =/

lucky its insured tho

However, will definitely be on the next one

• 4 weeks later...

Heya guys.,

My names Zac.

Have been a fan on the V35s for a long time but never bought one.

Imported a few toyota Celsiors for my self and had a blastin Toyota Aristo.

I used to work for SVi (5 1/2 years) and every time i drove a V35 for a client or imported on I feel deeper and deeper in love.

I have jsut sold the aristo and im going through the Auctions as we speak to import a Clean example.

once I get one at auction ill put up all the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I have just imported a Silver 06 V35 5AT with 12k on the clock. I should see it this week and I have new rims, and clear indicators and double din console replacement part sitting in lounge room waiting to go on. It should be an interesting change from my previous R33 GTR.

When I get it I hope to get it lowered a bit, add cruise control and hopefully put a supercharger in (if the auto transmission can handle it).

post-9499-1245060844_thumb.jpg

Mark

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the (very helpful) posts for 6 mths and thought i should stop being a passive observer. I picked up a bargain priced V35 back in Aug 08 just prior to the dollar plummeting. Dodged a major price hike! I have a 2003 V35 Coupe in silver. It's the 70th Anniversary edition with the beige full-leather interior. Had only 11700 km's when i got it. (still had that new car smell). Best car i've ever owned, although my previous cars were very average. Only thing i've noticed with the car is i get alot of road noise in the cabin, especially at approx 40kph or 70kph. I've had the alignment looked at and the guy reckons i just have noisy tires. Anyone else had something similar to this?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the (very helpful) posts for 6 mths and thought i should stop being a passive observer. I picked up a bargain priced V35 back in Aug 08 just prior to the dollar plummeting. Dodged a major price hike! I have a 2003 V35 Coupe in silver. It's the 70th Anniversary edition with the beige full-leather interior. Had only 11700 km's when i got it. (still had that new car smell). Best car i've ever owned, although my previous cars were very average. Only thing i've noticed with the car is i get alot of road noise in the cabin, especially at approx 40kph or 70kph. I've had the alignment looked at and the guy reckons i just have noisy tires. Anyone else had something similar to this?

Welcome HicksV35!!

I've also noticed the noise in my V35, as did my mechanic. He suggested that it was also tyre related and put it down to "Cheap" tyres that are on the car... These were the tyres that came with the car and they haven't required changing as yet.. So until i change my tyres i won't know if this is the case... Has any1 else had this problem and resolved it with better quality tyres or by any other means?

Dwain & Hicks V35--Dont sweat it guys it will be tyres.

My car was quite as a mouse when the new tyres went on with compliance. (Got Fact 19's 40 series) Nankang the directional unfortunately). Aspect ratio 40/45 depending on 18's or 19's will make slight diff.

After they wore in (4000+k's) it was noisy as sin. Rotated them at 10000 they were bit better. But aside of that mild fujitsubu exhaust note--there is not creaks, no rattles, and no wind noise and I've had mine off the dial !..(11/05 6mt. ).Will be getting better tyres soon. Search out Tyres thread on this.

Welcome and good luck with your new rides--you wont look back !

Cheers

Elie

Hey guys, how's everybody doing?

Long time lurker; refrained from introducing myself until I got my Vee. Recently took delivery of an 06 Lakeshore Slate V35 auto with 6k kms on the clock and what is hopefully new car smell! :P

Puma

post-45833-1245398368_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply Dwini.

Always more comforting knowing you're not the only one with a particular problem. My car also has the original tires. I'm assuming due to the v low km's when i got it that the originals passed the compliancing. Will do the same as you and wait until i put new one's on and see what happens. Until then i'll turn up the volume on the stereo. (or maybe i'll smash my credit card and get a new set of 19's instead)

Hicks

Hey Puma, nice ride. Love the Lakeshore blue and the black in the V's. Heres mine 11/2005 6mt. Came with 06 Rims. 14K klms. Had it almost 20months now. Love the colour change between light and shade !!

Hey guys, how's everybody doing?

Long time lurker; refrained from introducing myself until I got my Vee. Recently took delivery of an 06 Lakeshore Slate V35 auto with 6k kms on the clock and what is hopefully new car smell! :rofl2:

Puma

post-55154-1245471895_thumb.jpg