SAU Community

high flow cat, 2 1/2 from cat back in to lukey turbo muffler 2 1/2" in 4" out (3 chambers straight through design, fibreglass noise suppresion doesnt work :D) working on gettin extractors, everyone else here should have extractors pretty soon im guessing from the group buy!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man than that is a fat score!!! i love the dragger exaust and if i ever buy another car its the only system i will ever put on, it doesnt drone at 100k's sounds awesome all through the rev range and gives my car a really deep tough note but is not at all overly loud so u dont get all the attention from the cops but still get all the go that a good quality exaust should give u.

• 2 weeks later...

EFI hardware in Mitcham Vic haev throttlebody detups with trumpets and fuel rail for $2500 for a RB or L series engine. But if you're able to measure up and sketch out a rotary throttle style system you could probably get a engineering shop to know one up for about 1K.

Guest Dark Sky 33

hey,

just wondering if anyone knows wats the go on getting an air intake system for my n/a r33, i want to get one cos i was told it would increase performance a little bit

wat do u guys reckon, wats the best and how much do these things cost?

p.s. not just the pod filter, the whole lot

cheers

adam

Cold air induction can make a massive difference if done properly. The colder the air the larger its density and thus the more molecules that can combine with fuel giving a bigger burn charge. But more power will usually only result if your air temp sensor and fuel map can adjust to the air temp change, which should be the case on a R33's map. Plus the denser intake in cruise conditions should give better fuel ecconomy. All provided your filter doesn't clog.

yea ive got the same setup you'll notice the difference straight away it pulls harder at high revs with the filter in the bumper bar

ive also got the coby extractors and a 2.5" cat back system

best mod i did was the extractors really made a big difference the car sounds better revs smoother and revs quicker

in the next couple weeks ill be getting a full rebuild stroked to 2.3L multiple throttle bodies and SC

im just trying to be a different as possible so we'll see how she turns out :D

• 3 weeks later...

just a quick question... i've alread got a 2.5" Kakimoto zorst from cat back. while the muffler... 2.5" in and 4.5" out... soon enough when i get my cash back on track im going to get the rest of the zorst done as well as extractors...

anyone know a rough est. on how much the rest of the zorst will cost me as well as the extractors and wheres the best place for a reasonable amount of dough down in melbourne?

regards..!

get coby extractors from nz - check out the info in the group that was done about a month ago - extractors u'll get for about $300 and install for about $100 and get a hi-flo cat (about $300) and/or a straight through pipe (for track use only!)

check out Daalder Exhausts in Box Hill - speak to Matthew - he's a great bloke and really good to talk to - can tailor make a system depending on your requirements - loud/quiet/whateva and is really good on price!

well i just got my extractors fitted today as well as a 2.5" hiflow cat. It cost $440 for the fitting and the cat which isn't too bad. Mr Muffler in Lilydale did the work. If you go there ask for Tim, tell him Greg sent you and he'll hook you up with a good price.

I'm really pleased with the extractors. The engine revs a lot more strongly and a lot smoother. The torque gains in the low to mid rev range are massive, the car is not so slow below 3000rpm as it used to be. with 3 passengers in my car tonight it was still performing fairly well where as it used to feel like an excel. the only thing i don't like about the extractors is the loud sucking noise from about 3000rpm onwards, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I'm considering putting the stock airbox back on, anyone want to buy an apexi pod and fibreglass cold air box?

those of you have have the coby extractors fitted, what have you done about a head shield? the intake pipe is too close to the extractors for my liking. if it doesn't melt the intake piep it will definitely increase intake temps. any suggestions about what to do?

regards

greg

EDIT: do not use mr muffler in lilydale, i have since discovered what a poor job they did. eg reusing an old broken gasket, not using split washers and leaving drops of weld in the cat causing the exhaust to sound like a tin full of money being shaken :)

sorry i didn't make myself very clear, $440 broken down as follows:

$250 - cat

$150 - labour (fitting took a bit under 2 hours)

$40 - gst

i was ripped off with the cat, get one from BATMBL on these forums if u want one...much cheaper.

Guest classic demon

yeah umm about extracting more power....

try these if not already done:

1) upgrade exhaust system

2) extractors

3) fuel injectors

4) air intake

5) change gear ratio

try those