SAU Community

There Should Be An R35 Gt-t

Amir

You think they didn't do the same thing last time???

They probably did in the past aswel, but dont forget - 112,000 in 1989 or 1990 isnt comparable to the 150k they are asking for now. That will definatly change the end sale results

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's what i've been trying to tell people when they said "well the R32 didn't sell very well did..." blah

$107k (i think it was) was A LOT to splash on a car back in the early 90's.

And think how many $100k+ cars are on the roads these days.

Nissan OZ will sell out of their alotment of GTR's (whatever it happens to be) and i'm sure Nissan will make a profit from these cars worldwide. I think they've created something too good not be taken up by the enthusiasts worldwide, plus i think the fact that this is the first GTR to be sold everywhere is going to help a lot.

350 is 231 stock, why does TT kit make such a small diff ? only to 280 :S ??

No, no. That power's based on modifying the 206kW version (which makes around 155rwkW) not the new HR engine, and the TT kits make 280kW at the tyres (so more like 320kW at the flywheel). Bear in mind that its only running about 7-8psi to make that power, so the turbos aren't even being stressed. The car is amazingly responsive while still delivering a bucketload of power.

The other thing to note is that the stock bottom end for the VQ35DE (which none of the turbo kits modify) only takes around 300rwkW before snapping a rod or gudgeon pin, which is why most of the kits are tuned to only make 280rwkW for extra reliability. Rebuilding the bottom end and leaving the fuel system stock will see you to around 310rwkW "reliably" (about 340rwkW is the absolute limit of the pump on a dyno, where the fuel isn't sloshing around) If you're willing to sink big dollars and rebuild the engine with headwork and do the fuel system, the turbines will support 500kW at the flywheel at 16psi.

There aren't any kits available for the HR engine yet, but with the popularity of the 350Z and the G35 in the States its only a matter of time before companies do. And with their revised bottom end, they'll probably make upwards of 300rwkW at half a bar.

Under new management there's gonna be defined breakups in the lineup so the different models don't overlap too much into each other's customer base. From a performance point of view... if you can' afford a GTR, your next best option is supposed to be a Z33 350Z.... after that if you want a "luxury spec" sports car... think IS300 style) then you got for the V35 350GT. If you want something cheaper get a 250GT. Cheaper than that you buy a March

I agree with Amir that there are holes in the market that Nissan needs to plug, especially with their resurgence. They need to bring people into the brand at an entry point, and right now they've got nothing.

Firstly there needs to be a hot hatch to contend in this very competitive and popular market. Ford, GM, VAG, Renault, Peugeot, Honda etc can't all be wrong. Where's the new Pulsar SSS? Most marketers know its easier to retain a customer than it is to get them, which is why they try to pick up customers early in their car buying "career".

Then there needs to be a Silvia replacement. They need to build a smaller, more affordable, RWD sports car to stick it to the WRX and Integra. This entry model "pure sports car" is what attracts younger people (or people going through a mid life crisis and so want something fun while having to afford two cars) to the brand.

I think that the market, especially the international market, could support a vehicle higher in the price range than the Z33 / V35 but well below the GT-R. Just like Porsche stuck the Cayman between the Boxster and the 911, Nissan needs to put a sports car between the 350GT and the GT-R. The Skyline and 350Z are seeing massive props internationally by motoring journos (aside from Clarkson, of course), and my international colleagues I talk to about cars quite like it too.

If they can build something as competitive a bit higher up in the price range, but with more turbo, I'd say it would have a good job of succeeding.

Something along the lines of..

Nissan GTR

450Z - VK45DE w/ATTESSA (please).

V36 Skyline GTT - VQ37HR TT.

V36 Skyline GTT4 - VQ35HR TT w/ATTESSA.

V36 Skyline GTS370 - VQ37HR.

V36 Skyline GTS350 - VQ35HR.

V36 Skyline GTS4 - VQ35HR w/ATTESSA.

350Z.

V36 Skyline GTS250 - VQ25HR.

Firstly there needs to be a hot hatch to contend in this very competitive and popular market. Ford, GM, VAG, Renault, Peugeot, Honda etc can't all be wrong. Where's the new Pulsar SSS? Most marketers know its easier to retain a customer than it is to get them, which is why they try to pick up customers early in their car buying "career".

From memory there's currently a hot hatch turbo pulsar in development based on the march/tiida platform. was at the tokyo motorshow last year I think as a concept. White n black and horny looking. So I'm pretty sure Nissan's aware of this shortfall.

But the fact is the new GTR is gay! How much does it weigh? How many tricky driver aids does it have....it doesnt even have a clutch! Not for me. Give me a poverty pack rwd version without the electric tooth brushes and a nice alloy V6 with some huffers. Try to get the thing in under 1400kgs (light by todays standards) and you would still have an overweight POS...but better then an obese POS that has electric everything. Whatever happened to sports cars being driven by people that liked punting cars along...anyway...off to keep saving for a 2002 GT3RS or the single remain Espirit GT1 :(

I can't see them dumbing down tthe new GTR, it's supposed to be a hero car, releasing a GTR-lite version would make it less god-like.

Still, they can always use the things they've developed to bring out a 4 door SKYLINE badged version, that looks a little more pedestrian.

Sure, making it a 4 door would mean a complete redesign, but it'd be more about modifying the current plans than starting from scratch, and turf out all the driver aids, add in a small single turbo'd engine and you've got a bang for your buck motor that could compete with the 4 door market, in either 2wd or 4wd segments.

The problem would be the chassis code though. It couldn't be R35, or else it's just a 4 door GTR, it's got nothing to do with the R34, and anything else just isn't skyline, and R34.5 sounds crap.

anyway, as long as they emphasise the skyline part, they can differentiate it from the GTR. Lose the fancy gadgets, add in a 6 speed transaxle, square up the appearance and it's a whole different car for a whole different market, and because of its more basic tech package, it's a fair bit cheaper too.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Something along the lines of..

Nissan GTR

450Z - VK45DE w/ATTESSA (please).

V36 Skyline GTT - VQ37HR TT.

V36 Skyline GTT4 - VQ35HR TT w/ATTESSA.

V36 Skyline GTS370 - VQ37HR.

V36 Skyline GTS350 - VQ35HR.

V36 Skyline GTS4 - VQ35HR w/ATTESSA.

350Z.

V36 Skyline GTS250 - VQ25HR.

even thats too much

i say:

GTR

v36 skyline gts450 vk45de - like the hsv calais, big, executive type car

v36 skyline gtt vq37hr tt

v36 skyline gt4 vq37hr with attessa

v36 skyline gts350 vq35hr

350z

v36 skyline gts250 vq25hr

but ive got a feeling that with all this work that was done with the new gtr, that surely something else is coming along - maybe it is the new hot pulsar sss, maybe it is a v36 based turbo to fill the 'gap' that we've been talking about...

Should there be an R35 GTT?

No.

/thread

so true, if you have a GTR you will understand why the name 'skyline' has been raped so badly by gts and crap gts-ts (i admit there are some very nice examples out there too so dont get me wrong), that the name skyline no longer applies to the GTR.

dream cars will always be dream cars to %98 of the population but for the 2% that can afford it, or the people who cant and wait until they are 20 years old and can afford, the car is more special

f**k all this, just gimme the golf gti concept...

mr config with w8 engy....... dont remember if it had a pair of huffers or not.. but damm.. that thing would be the z car for this generation.

dsg, w8, light wieght.. shit would own allot of much more expensive brands... hard to control but furrrrn..

and yes.. i now i used the words.. golf.. or gti... in the same sentence as fun.. and meant it... but admit it.. the concept would be the new club racer.