SAU Community

There Should Be An R35 Gt-t

Amir

and it ensures we don't get yet more smacktards running around with GT-R badges plastered all over their GTSt's :D

this currently seems most prevalent on 33's, from what i can see

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's with the gtr is superior and gtsts are a piece of shit talk.

33 gtst is the best nissan I've driven for a road car. gtr is a bit much for road duties.

excellent post... having gone from one to the other I can totally agree... 33GTSt is a totally underrated car and an absolute bargain these days... just find one that has been looked after and modified with some thought and skill and your on a winner

so over the whole whinging about GTR badges on GTSt's too... who cares, get over it... anyone who knows what they are looking at can tell the difference... I wouldn't do it but imitation is the highest form of flattery... can we move past it now

I know i'm a bit slow to post, and many people have probably already said this but anywho.

I'm currently doing marketing, and we've recently started talking about how damaging it could be targeting a "lower" market for a prestige product (e.g Ferarri making a budget car - would lower the prestige associated with the brand)

Same concept with the GTR. The GTR is clasified as a super car. It has been released as a Supercar, all that the R35 stands for is the GTR.

Whereas the other skylines so far have obviously had the GTSt/GT-T's AND the GTR, but the GTR's weren't marketed this much, and weren't as sophisticated as this thing.

I probably just spoke a whole lot of crap, and it probably doesn't make sense

...Whereas the other skylines so far have obviously had the GTSt/GT-T's AND the GTR, but the GTR's weren't marketed this much, and weren't as sophisticated as this thing.....

just wanted to respond to this....I'm sure Neil can confirm but the R32 was over $100k in 1991 when they started selling them, which considering inflation comes out almost line ball with the cost of the r35.

And the r32 introduced twin turbos, 4wd, 4ws and proper independant suspension front and rear over the r31 that preceeded it. whereas the only new thing in the r35 is the dual clutch transmission, the rest is very similar (just refined) to the r35.

IMHO the r32 was a much bigger step forward than the r35, and the fact it was based on and so similar to the base spec cars is amazing. eg the whole front end is interchangeable with gts4, and the rear end is almost the same as s13 silvia.

LOL @ people that will never afford one,

asif dis such super car... its like asking lambo to make half a car and badge it up.

Go to a Holden Dealer, they love to badge up family cars with big kits and brakes LOL

i hope Nissan doesnt release anything lower then the GTR

its a Nissan GTR not a skyline GTR or GTST

close this lame thread already

just wanted to respond to this....I'm sure Neil can confirm but the R32 was over $100k in 1991 when they started selling them, which considering inflation comes out almost line ball with the cost of the r35.

And the r32 introduced twin turbos, 4wd, 4ws and proper independant suspension front and rear over the r31 that preceeded it. whereas the only new thing in the r35 is the dual clutch transmission, the rest is very similar (just refined) to the r35.

IMHO the r32 was a much bigger step forward than the r35, and the fact it was based on and so similar to the base spec cars is amazing. eg the whole front end is interchangeable with gts4, and the rear end is almost the same as s13 silvia.

Well put Duncan.

I was clearly thinking naively in my statements and did not even begin to consider the price of the R32 when it came out. Of course it would be expensive.

And yes you are right about it being a much bigger step forward than basically any other skyline. It was the benchmark for all other skylines (which is why i love it so :D)

• 3 months later...

Don't think there could be a GT-T/GTS-T version...wasn't this car built from the ground up and specially mated with everything that came with it? To produce a lower spec version of it would require spending more money on the existing design to produce less turnover and probably profit.

Manufacturers seldom downspec vehicles. It only makes sense to upspec base models because the extra dollars asked for that model pay for the extra costs in developing it. Evos, Rexies and Clubsports are all formed off base models and command premium price for it. The GTR needed to be based on a versatile, multi-model floorpan for there to be a GT-T/GTS-T.

A cheaper, slower R35 'GT-T' sounds good in theory, but it will only serve to dilute and devalue the R35 GT-R . At the moment it is a bespoke Supercar and it should stay that way.

I ask what is wrong with the magnificent Skyline 370GT/Infiniti G37? 3.7ltr 246kW sounds good to me, they still look great but different enough so as to not be mistaken for a 'cheap ' GT-R. Nissan/Infiniti are on a REALLY good wicket at the moment, they should keep it that way.

Well put Duncan.

I was clearly thinking naively in my statements and did not even begin to consider the price of the R32 when it came out. Of course it would be expensive.

And yes you are right about it being a much bigger step forward than basically any other skyline. It was the benchmark for all other skylines (which is why i love it so :P )

Hmmm, that's a big comment to make, technology has come further in the past 20 years than in the last 100 years and to gain a 10% advantage over your rivals in 2009 is significantly harder than it was 20 years ago. Don't get me wrong the R32 is a brilliant machine and was a huge step forward for it's time, but the R & D and engineering refinement that went into the R35 cannot be under estimated. The fact that this 1740KG coupe can equal or even better the very best that Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini have to offer is an amazing achievement (esp when you consider how far these cars have come too!). GT-R's transmission and AWD system has managed to maintain the gap and that's not easily done. I'd also say that $110K for an R32 GT-R in 1991 is alot more than $155,800 (initially $148,800) is in 2009, I would say that's another achievement when you realize that build quality also rivals much more expensive competitors.

Forgot to mention the Motor test in 2008 R35 vs R34 vs R33 vs R32, the R35 absolutely obliterated the previous gen R34. On the tight track they tested on it was about 3 secs faster! (6 secs faster than the R32 GT-R!) If that isn't monumental step forward I don't know what is!!!!

Edited by Max_ST-R