SAU Community

Looking For Pod Filter

kalel

Hey all!

I am not very automotively enclined, so I was after some advice. I am looking for a NEW decent filter for my turbo, probably a pod filter (?). basically I just want to replace the factory airbox in my S2 R33. I have heard Apexi is the way to go. I was hoping to get one by the weekend so I can get it installed this Sunday when I do my service.

So if you guys would be kind enough to point me in the right direction of where I can get one here in Adelaide (preferred) or somewhere online.

I had a quick look at the SAU traders with not much luck.

like I said, I am not very auto savy beyond checking the oil, coolant and the tyres having air in them :D, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by kalel

3a racing filter from motoquipe if you want a pod. i think autobarn might have them aswell.

instead of removing the airbox, look into either a decent panel filter, or mount a pod inside the airbox. think about it a bit and youll be able to figure out a way.

if you do remove the airbox and replace it with a pod, make sure you mount the pod somehow, it is illegal to have a pod floating, ie not mounted.

Forget pods, forget K&N (you might as well not have a filter), they're all a waste of time, effort and money for little to no gain.

Make a cold-air-induction if you must, or just wind up the boost for a real improvement.

Yeah I plan on mounting the filter when I install it. From my understanding it improves fuel economy more than any real power advancement.

It sounds as though I will have to look online for one. I have had a look on ebay and a friend of mine told me they have some dodgy ones on there but I will take another look.

Yeah I plan on mounting the filter when I install it. From my understanding it improves fuel economy more than any real power advancement.

It sounds as though I will have to look online for one. I have had a look on ebay and a friend of mine told me they have some dodgy ones on there but I will take another look.

No just dont get a cheap shit one, get an apexi one and you will be fine....

my understanding it improves fuel economy
Pffft... it'll increase induction noise, that's about it, the rest is cosmetic.

If fuel economy is your concern, make sure your O2 sensor is tip-top, increase your tyre pressure, remove any superfluous weight, keep out of traffic light GP's, and drive economically.

i have a pretty much brand new (only been fitted to car about a week before taken off) K&N POD filter with RB25 adapter. Still in box/wraps (as i said practically brand new).

Throw me an offer if you want (pm) for both the adapter and pod.(You need both to directly bolt on to your car).

Edited by KISIN

no offense to KISIN, but if you're gonna use a K&N pod, you may as well throw handfulls of dirt into your afm.

the Apexi is the way to go according to tests, and the 3A is alot cheaper and still right up there. i'd be choosing between those two.

i wouldnt stick a piece of oiled up foam in my intake. you can if you want

Um Sorry to inform you MUNKYBOY

but K&N isnt oiled up foam.......

You have beeen wrong in the last couple of post u had put up m8