SAU Community

Looking For Pod Filter

kalel

yeah it's oiled up cotton :P . Oil treated filters is generally argued not good for MAF sensors.

what oil is in the recharge kit thing? why do they need oil? to catch dirt?

just something ive always wondered.

Edited by ted180

yeah mate, that reason :rolleyes:

well thats what i thought, but then that means the cotton filter doesnt do much if it needs oil to catch the dirt?

and recharging it would mean putting more oil on it, over top of the dirt and oil that is already there. how is that a good thing?

no offense to KISIN, but if you're gonna use a K&N pod, you may as well throw handfulls of dirt into your afm.

the Apexi is the way to go according to tests, and the 3A is alot cheaper and still right up there. i'd be choosing between those two.

yeah... cause experts at K&N have no f**ken idea right monkeyboy? :rolleyes:
i wouldnt stick a piece of oiled up foam in my intake. you can if you want
Um Sorry to inform you MUNKYBOY

but K&N isnt oiled up foam.......

You have beeen wrong in the last couple of post u had put up m8

theres alot of controversy surrounding those tests though.

Look at how many test have been performed lately, and EVERY single one comes up with COMPLETELY different results. I remember looking up a topic about this in the Forced Induction forum and comparing it to the Autosalon mag. one...worlds apart. From memeory, they said that the Apexi is the shitest by far :dry: Look it up in AS if you dont believe me.

As for the oil...you dont drown the damn thing in it...besides how hard is it to clean a AFM once in a while ? two sparys and ur done.

Edited by KISIN

Look at how many test have been performed lately, and EVERY single one comes up with COMPLETELY different results.

thus the reason i said there is alot of controversy, for want of a better word, sourrounding them.

which throws my recommendations of a 3a filter out the window.

thus the reason i said there is alot of controversy, for want of a better word, sourrounding them.

which throws my recommendations of a 3a filter out the window.

Nah, i agree with you, was just pointing it out even more to Monkey.

Hmm the 3A might actually be a decent filter though...

Nah, i agree with you, was just pointing it out even more to Monkey.

Hmm the 3A might actually be a decent filter though...

I already pointed out that i was mistaken, coz i was thinking of the HKS mushroom oiled foam pods when i read K&N.

Geeeeeeeeeeeez you forgot to quote that one didnt you!?!?

But i still wouldnt use an oiled filter. Personal preference really.

I use an Apexi pod. I like it. No maintenance. No oil. Ive heard very good things about the 3A's too.

I'm sure there are thousands using each type of pod, so they must all work relatively well.

Edited by Munkyb0y

Magazine tests aren't worth shit, vested interest just being the half of it, the one I linked was an International Standards Organisation test done by and approved and accredited agency.

But at the end of the day people will do what they do, and believe what they want, placebo therapy is plenty evidence for that.

I already pointed out that i was mistaken, coz i was thinking of the HKS mushroom oiled foam pods when i read K&N.

Geeeeeeeeeeeez you forgot to quote that one didnt you!?!?

But i still wouldnt use an oiled filter. Personal preference really.

I use an Apexi pod. I like it. No maintenance. No oil. Ive heard very good things about the 3A's too.

I'm sure there are thousands using each type of pod, so they must all work relatively well.

I wasnt aware that the HKS mushrooms need to be oiled ??

I have a HKS pod and mine is a dry foam type one, ive never heard of any HKS mushroom pods needing to be oiled :)

Same, i have the green one on my car now...and its a "dry element" or whatever one...