SAU Community

Jwt Pop Charger + Z-tube - Where To Buy In Oz?

Hi guys,

I'm interested in getting a Jim Wolf Technology Pop Charger and 350z intake tube.

As it is, the JWT Pop Charger is an american product, and I've been searching around for an online store that will ship to oz but haven't had much luck.

I was wondering if:

a) Any of you guys know of a good parts web site to shop from - (excluding japanparts.com)

b) Has anyone installed these onto their v35's? What has been your experience with these or similar products.

Thanks in advance,

Damien

Hi guys,

I'm interested in getting a Jim Wolf Technology Pop Charger and 350z intake tube.

As it is, the JWT Pop Charger is an american product, and I've been searching around for an online store that will ship to oz but haven't had much luck.

I was wondering if:

a) Any of you guys know of a good parts web site to shop from - (excluding japanparts.com)

b) Has anyone installed these onto their v35's? What has been your experience with these or similar products.

Thanks in advance,

Damien

Hey mate

I get most of my stuff through traders on G35Driver.com.

For my intake, I've got a HKS Premium Suction kit. The car does breethe better and they sound great, but not sure if you would actually get any notable power gains, if thats what your after.

Cheers

all the evidence on g35 driver indicates that intake mods of ANY kind don't do anything for peak power, just increase intake noise.. if that floats your boat..

if i were you i woudn't waste my money. you can throw a high-flow panel filter in there for $100 and you'll be laughing

all the evidence on g35 driver indicates that intake mods of ANY kind don't do anything for peak power, just increase intake noise.. if that floats your boat..

if i were you i woudn't waste my money. you can throw a high-flow panel filter in there for $100 and you'll be laughing

Are you sure mate?

I frequent g35driver.com also.

I've seen independent dyno sheets from stock cars before and after installs of the JWT Pop Charger with an increase of 6.5 hp atw.

I know that figure sounds a little high, but i was hoping for "some" kind of small improvement.

Thanks,

Damien

feel free to post them up here..

that is, dyno sheets from the same dyno on the same day immediately after without an ECU re-set

This is direct from the JWT web site - so probably biased.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_....asp?PartID=444

I will look around for more tomorrow.

Don't expect to notice much performance increase.

I'm off to bed, tired!

I have both. I got them from everythingg35. They will ship to Aus, but for some reason their shipping costs they quoted was over $150 US. I got them shipped to a mate who was over there at the time and he brought them back in his suitcase. I had no luck trying to find one in Aus.

What I can tell you from my own experience in my sedan with no other mods at all when I put it on, not saying it will be the same for you:

* The Z-tube own it's own does jack all. No sound difference, no power difference. I was driving around with it for a month before I put on the pod filter.

* The JWT Pod filter - i put this on with the z-tube(I didn't bother trying it on it's own). With this combination, whatever gains I was meant to get are NOT noticeable. I sometimes do think that the car is going great, but I can't honestly say that I would attribute it to the new intake. For me 6hp is nothing anyway, so I wouldn't buy it expecting to feel the difference. No I haven't dynoed it before and after, why would you bother if you can't feel it in the first place? You do get that growl thing they all cream themselves over at g35driver over 4000 revs(meh it's ok...), but I found it also added quite a bit of rasp. Interested to know if others get this rasp too. There is no sound difference at idle, you literally hit 4000revs and then you get a different sound.

However - I can tell you that the JWT Pod is fantastic quality. It is MUCH larger than I expected it to be (about the size of your head!) and it looks great. It's not made of plastic like others i've dealt with, it's chunky metal. I would buy it again on this basis alone.

Experiences might differ with headers, exhaust, ecu - not there yet!

Also just to help out other members, if your are going to go to the trouble of buying stuff from over in the states, might want to post a new EOI thread so you can save on shipping, etc.

• 1 year later...
Hi guys,

I was wondering if:

Thanks in advance,

Damien

There is a guy selling them on US ebay for around $250 US delivered to oz.

• 4 weeks later...

i bought one from ebay... great quality and fast shipment too... took less than an hour to install.... very easy and basic....

with mine there was a huge sound change.... the intake noise is VERY loud....... alot of people have said it sounds really nice too!!! =D

the top end speed i noticed is a lil faster... never dyno n feel a very big diff in power.... just get it for the noise! ;) oh... there was a whistle noise as well... xD dont know if ppl get it... =| love the sound of that too ... :blush:

i bought one from ebay... great quality and fast shipment too... took less than an hour to install.... very easy and basic....

with mine there was a huge sound change.... the intake noise is VERY loud....... alot of people have said it sounds really nice too!!! =D

the top end speed i noticed is a lil faster... never dyno n feel a very big diff in power.... just get it for the noise! :bunny: oh... there was a whistle noise as well... xD dont know if ppl get it... =| love the sound of that too ... :)

Carefull the "whistle" noise would be a bad seal. Double check your connections.

that is the actual real item

hey maybe i can organise a group buy on these items? if get a few people interested?

could choose between jim wolf or the Stillen

i personally am leaning towards the stillen, as i have been chatting to a few guys over on g35driver and a few of them said that the stillen is the only one when tested, which actually had colder air intake temps

the dollar is not bad right now - hovering around the 71 mark....

Edited by BLISTC

that is the actual real item

hey maybe i can organise a group buy on these items? if get a few people interested?

could choose between jim wolf or the Stillen

i personally am leaning towards the stillen, as i have been chatting to a few guys over on g35driver and a few of them said that the stillen is the only one when tested, which actually had colder air intake temps

the dollar is not bad right now - hovering around the 71 mark....

+1 :)

lets get more ppl for the group buy~

I've already got my pod and intake tubing install last year, but wouldn't mind getting the pop-charger heat shield bit or something similar to keep most of the heat away from the pod??