SAU Community

Big Thanks

Hello all,

I recently became a proud skyline owner and just wanted to say thank you to all the people who input into this site. The information on what to look for when buying, fuel economy etc. was a goldmine for me. Without all your posts i probably would have ended up with a lemon.

Cheers all!

ps i ended up with a 95 r33 gtst manny for $11,200...might post some pics at a later stage

Im no photographer but I took a few quick snaps today. The sun was nice enough to come out for some nice lighting. The cars done 155,000 km and has hardly any mods, just a new pod filter and a front mount intercooler aswell as an Apexi AVR-R boost controller. I have to put the intercooler back on as it didnt pass roadworthy so the stock is on atm. EDIT : Oh its also got some nice 18" rims, side skits and an after market front bar.

pics

front%20right.jpg

right%20side.jpg

drivers%20side.jpg

Edited by sida102

Looks nice and clean. Definately a good buy. :huh: Just so you know, that isn't an aftermarket front bar. Its actually the series 1.5 front bar. That being because your R33 is a series 1.5 :) The side skirts are 400R ones... like mine :)

thanks for the tip :D

its kinda cracked anyways so i might get a new one in the near future anyways, i guess maybe the 400r to match. is the Just jap price of $550 ok for the 400R front bar?

Yep, thats not a bad price. Don't forget you have to get it painted and fitted as well which will cost a bit more on top of that. If I were you, I'd do some investigation on different places to get the front bar and also what its made of. Do a bit of reading into fibre glass as well as frp. frp is more expensive, but doesn't crack as easily. If you get fibre glass, know what quality differences there are... in particular, the amount of layers. Less layers means weaker body part. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Oh yes!!  Just put my chassis # in here and it does say series 2: https://gtr-registry.com/en-er34-vin-table.php I actually feel less worried about the previous owner sniffing paint now. But honestly, this bumper makes it looks like a Mitsubishi Magna! Everything is nice and square until you get to the indicators 🥺
    • You have a series 2. That is a normal series 2 bumper. It has that design for GT, GTV and GT-T trims. The GT-T Series 2 bumper will have a vent on the passenger side, which is where the intercooler is mounted. Here's a pic from your own thread. If you want a S1 bumper, you will also need to buy the headlight support brackets as they are understandably different. If you want to fit a front mount intercooler one day, PM ME because you need to cut up some brackets from the OEM reinforcement bar. I would love to have an unmolested reinforcement bar and you can have my pre-cut one :p
    • I had a mechanic recommending one for when your car is modded (I'm guessing because you are making an already worn fuel pump work harder, preventive maintainence), I was curious if your position has changed on this matter?
    • So I've had this very confusing question in my head: What on all things that is holy is the front bumper on my GTT and why on earth is it sooooo different to other OEM bumpers?  The biggest giveaway for me was the different indicators I had at the front. I've done some Googling today and figured out that it's actually a front bumper from a GT-V. After having a panic attack that I might have bought an NA thinking it was a turbo, then triple confirming it did have a turbo, I started wondering how I can get my hands on a proper GTT OEM front bar.    But it also got me thinking, this GT-V bumper probably does not do my engine any good right? I've got the stock intercoolers but they are probably not getting decent air thanks to there being no vents!! It's got some small vents on the bottom of the bar but that's about it. Should I be worried about the amount of airflow coming onto the engine?  Also, when I get the front bumper, I'm also going to have to buy the indicators to go along with them *Sigh*
    • I don't know for sure, but I expect the recent model V37 400R (or RV37) is pretty much identical to the recent model Q50 RedSport with the differences being cosmetic. (and ignoring the fact the new model Q50 RS is LHD only)