SAU Community

R33 Gts-t Query

Hey everyone,

I just recently bought my First car a few days ago, :rofl: , and it is an R33 GTS-t Skyline, which i absolutely love :D ,

However, i have a question for the GTS-t owners out there. As its my first car i am a little paranoid

on little sounds and lights which show up, as i want the car to run perfect.

On my dash, as i am driving, occasionally when the turbo is spooling up at higher revs (around 5000ish) a little light flashes on saying "HICAS" , just wondering if anybody would be able to explain it to me, and whether it is a problem or not. I'm not sure whether it has to do with the White Nismo Guage cluster or whether it goes for all R33 GTS-t skylines.

Also if it has to do with mods on the car, i can list them here, although i cant be bothered :-P ... ask if i need 2

Thanks alot in advance, help would be greatly appreciated.

check out thius thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t113261.html ...i has heaps of basic info on skyline Q's plus answers your Q on HICAS.

basically if you going fast (80k's and over i think) the 4 wheel steering kicks in and attempts to "help" you take corners. ive had it kick in going pretty fast and its a real pain in the ass, basically changes your handling mid turn which can screw you up pretty good.

but yeah check out that thread as there is a big section on HICAS.

check out thius thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t113261.html ...i has heaps of basic info on skyline Q's plus answers your Q on HICAS.

basically if you going fast (80k's and over i think) the 4 wheel steering kicks in and attempts to "help" you take corners. ive had it kick in going pretty fast and its a real pain in the ass, basically changes your handling mid turn which can screw you up pretty good.

but yeah check out that thread as there is a big section on HICAS.

Awesome, Thanks alot :-D

btw, peepls, sry bout double forum post, must have clicked twice.