SAU Community

Quick Fix!

futurewa

post-43183-1194648656_thumb.jpgMy GTR R32 arrived from Adelaide yesterday and I had it at the pits within hours, trouble is, it didn't make it.... :happy:

Guages Pod at eye level (happy for them to go)

Leaks round CV boots

Leak by diff

Leak by steering box

Tien suspension - Not enough travel. Seems f**king unfair!

Crappy tint (happy for it to go)

Radiator not secured at the top (Boostworx put it in just before car was sold.

Anyway I guess thats what a car sold on the basis of an unlimited maint budget and inspection from Boostworx in Adelaide gets you.

How does it go? Very sweet ;) with the few k's I've done so far..

Main question, where can I get the suspension & leaks fixed asap? Got a booking at Hyperdrive on 3rd of December but I'd prefer to be driving the car sooner!

What pits did you take it to?

I took mine over to the Midland pits earlier in the week, and passed with flying colours. Though the next thing I need to do is arrange permits.

My Cusco suspension is rock hard (can't push it 1cm even), and mechanic told me that the only thing that would probably fail my car was the suspension and the reverberation (whatever you call it) through the air filters due to the BOVs being blocked for the inspection.

Tint you can take it to any tinter to remove for about $20 or so. I had limo tint on all my windows except for drivers and passenger one, however I think the law states you can have dark tint on any fixed window :S I'm removing the tint down the track as I can see f*ck all at night through the rear window.

You could probably take your car to some 'general mechanic' for the suspension etc, as if they can't do it they'll probably out source it to someone else. (or just see the above post lol)

Good luck.

Edited by MattyP

there are some new tricky laws regarding coilovers now

thats why i said go to WA Suspensions as brad is full bottle on it

something to do with it has to be full travel in the shock, legal ride height, but also that its at the lowest possible winding (ie you cant have it at legal height with only 20mm of thread left, but you can have it at legal height with like 70mm thread to play with)

whatever it is, its tricky....let somebody else sort it out i say :happy: