SAU Community

Gtr R32

futurewa

You should expect half. Which is generally ~70degree's to ~109degree's.

Operating temp should be around 83-85degree's when using a genuine thermostat.

When you come to a stop the coolant continues to circulate to cool the turbo's; its called thermo syphoning. That is most likely the bubbling type noises you hear.

You should only be concerned if its pushing water oil the overflow.

• 2 months later...

Not sure exactly for the GTR but bubbling after the car has been turned off is bad, I suspect it's coming from the overflow container? If you could find out for sure it would help. If so then definite cooling system issues.

Cheers,

Matt

I've just bought a GTR R32 & I'm concerned with overheating as I can hear the radiator bubbling after going for a normal drive. The temp guage sits at around half. What should I expect in the way of operating temps?

I've just bought a GTR R32 & I'm concerned with overheating as I can hear the radiator bubbling after going for a normal drive. The temp guage sits at around half. What should I expect in the way of operating temps?

For the temp gauge to sit around half is normal. But the bubbling sound I have not heard of... Maybe do a radiator flush. Something might be claged up... not sure.

Also use good radiator coolent. I use Techteloy 100, seems to work fine.

Thermosyphoning.

Unless the bubbling is coming from the overflow I wouldn't worry about it and put the noise down to thermosyphoning which is completely normal.

Mine begins a slight bubble 30s-60ecs or so after shut down; its 100% bled correctly and has always done it. All though only a single turbo the principle is the same with twins.

i agree with cubes.

the bubbling sound is quite normal and should well resemble a sound similar to the dying stages of your kettle comming to a boil when making a cup of tea, as essentually, thats whats happening.

my GTR runs a standard temp of arround 75 - 85 degrees depending on weather im driving on highway (cooler) or around town (hotter)

its good you guys are listening to odd sounds comming from your cars and keeping an eye on them, so good work for questioning it - but this one is nothing to worry about :D

Thermosyphoning.

Unless the bubbling is coming from the overflow I wouldn't worry about it and put the noise down to thermosyphoning which is completely normal.

Mine begins a slight bubble 30s-60ecs or so after shut down; its 100% bled correctly and has always done it. All though only a single turbo the principle is the same with twins.