SAU Community

Clutch Dramas

bezender

yep went there today, picked up a new slave for $41.85 will hopefully have time to fit it tonight.

they are a great bunch there, and the chick behind the counter is hot as :D

are brake clutch fluids all pretty much the same? or should i be as picky as i am with my oil???

well the slave cylinder didnt provide any hassles, and it was definitely fkd, the seal behind the actuator was in 3 pieces.

but the fork has come off the input shaft... is this gearbox off, and check whats fkd time? or is there some way to get it back on?

when i looked in there, i did not see any broken bits, i cant really remember clearly what condition the pivot ball was in, i was mostly looking at the input shaft. thinking i'll palm this off to my mechanic, prolly be doing a 60 hour week this week (should not let ppl other than me have holidays :))

jus an update... my clutch is A-OK :( was the pivot ball that died, the only hold up is my 32 does not have a standard gearbox (nfi what its from), so the pivot ball is an odd size (bigger than standard). Just waiting for them to source one, and im back on the road :D and then i can give the fkn EB falcon station wagon that i borrowed from my mate back (i rly hope i dont show up in the spotted thread in that car :O )