SAU Community

Intercooler Choices

spud_11

Gday need front mount nuthin crazy about 450x300x100 or there abouts n wondering if they have same piping as r32s or silvias or do u need to get custom piping can get cooler itself but main concern is piping n wat size suits best power output of 150-200kw at wheels

cheers 4 any help

Dude for that power just get an R34 stocko side mount cooler. Its cheaper, and you dont need to worry about any pipework. They litterly bolt right up, no mods at all to any pipework or anything. Good for that power, popo wont know any different, potential thiefs wont know any differet, etc etc.

Was going to start a new thread, but may aswel continue this one.

Was looking for a bit more power,maybe 180-200rwkw, but I was sort of hoping to keep the stock bar. The IC i've got sitting here I would need to cut the bar to fit it in, which I don't really want to do.

Is there any aftermarket bars, that line up to the same dimentions as the stock bar, but can house a front mount, or alternately, will the 34tt side mount flow enough to hold that power. Unlikely?

Max I would be boosting would be 14psi, on a 20t, or 25t hi-flow.

Was going to start a new thread, but may aswel continue this one.

Was looking for a bit more power,maybe 180-200rwkw, but I was sort of hoping to keep the stock bar. The IC i've got sitting here I would need to cut the bar to fit it in, which I don't really want to do.

Is there any aftermarket bars, that line up to the same dimentions as the stock bar, but can house a front mount, or alternately, will the 34tt side mount flow enough to hold that power. Unlikely?

Max I would be boosting would be 14psi, on a 20t, or 25t hi-flow.

From all the research I did on here it seemed the R34 cooler would be enough to do the job. Just search a bit just to double check for yourself, but all the guys in the know reckon they will easy do the job. Its like 60% bigger than an R33 one, which is bigger than the R32 coolers, and they flow better.

not to mention NEWER

i mean I'm rocking the R34 sidemount on my DE+T

and i love it, and yes i owe dangerous daveo for the idea (cheers buddy!)

but yeah, i mean you MAY AS WELL do it cos the R34 smic is cheap and a good upgrade until (if you so wish) to later on go a front mount?