Best Tires For Stretching

humz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need 10mm to 15mm spacers to achieve teh flush :w00t:

just sayin

that said... somoene who has drifteks and bags out people who rock stretched tyre tucked wheel fitment is kind of throwing rocks in a glass house.

bah people who follow one school of thought will not understand the other, and it always turns into a shitfight. the fitment we're talking about is form over function as far as traction is concerned... but its far from impractical.

I like this thread, It has taught me something new...I honestly thought the cars I'd seen with stretched tyres on huge rims irl were that way because they couldnt afford the right size or find the correct fitment for the rim or were just making do with what they had ect. Kinda made me feel sorry for them.

No shit I did!

If thats the image/look you're after goodluck to you, no harm in that.

Myself I hate subs/bodykits or any bling that adds weight to the car without giving more than it's weight in returned Kw's, I'd never put looks over performance or safety, Clean straight and light..but thats my thing.

Big ups to funkymonkey for finding a new way to use the word stigma, I never knew a stigma could be something to aspire to.

Edited by madbung

meh... rat rods in the US were also an abomination, frowned upon by society, most often associated with organised crime, ie. a stigma and look at it now... people pay thousands for a properly done rat rod, and the kind of words people use to describe em aren't exactly negative. There's not much about them that is practical... a very similar situation to this practice of stretching tyres and tucking wheels.

Where down the track did we loose sight that modding is a personal prefrence more so than ragging on other peoples rides..

Arogance is something that I see too much of in the scene and is just as sad to see as baby rabbits dieing..

But dude, its not flush...

Back wheels maybe almost, but the fronts are far from flush!!

agreed

at least another 15mm of spacing required on the rear to acheive flushness and its too high also

but thats just my opinion

• 3 weeks later...
anyone else wona show us some pics of their stretched bits and tell us what type an size of tire and width of rim they are using??

im was running 205 on my 8inch wide rims (17x8j +38), no pics as i destroy the tyres at the last drift practice, i will be getting some new tyres soon 205 again, as funkey said too poor to go bigger lol, then i will take some pics

edit the tyres were just some cheapy secondhands cant remember the brand

Edited by [Michael]

skyoffsetsh2.jpg

okay so i am running an 18x10 +18 on my HCR32 the tire size is a 225/40/18 in a Federal 595 i found federals run way bulkier than falkens i had before... fir more like a 235

skyrinerearanglefr5.jpg

fronts are a 17x9.5 and +17 offset with a federal again 215/45/17 and again they fit way larger than normal tires but in the end i have more grip with these tires then i did with larger shittier tires so i don't mind and i got the look i want... and i drift my car feel amazing just need more power

oh and hers the same wheels before powder coat and car when it was black you see how much i worked it to make it fit

skyrine4hv1.jpg

Edited by JVDSKYRINE

wow, i like very much, imo i think they fit perfect, very snug!

can you go into details what you did to the guards??

good stuff,

federals tho i do not like very much,

i didnt understand one thing are you using 18x10 +18 or 17x9.5 +17

wow, i like very much, imo i think they fit perfect, very snug!

can you go into details what you did to the guards??

good stuff,

federals tho i do not like very much,

i didnt understand one thing are you using 18x10 +18 or 17x9.5 +17

The 18x10 +18 are on the rears and 17x9.5 +17 are on the fronts by the looks of things.

The 18x10 +18 are on the rears and 17x9.5 +17 are on the fronts by the looks of things.

that is correct... i honestly just took out my suspension in the rear.......blasted the fenders with a heat gun.....jacked the car up and threw some stacks of newspaper ontop of the wheel and tire..... lowered the car from the jack poppped the trunk ..... hopped in the trunk and jumped up and down until they fit hahhaa.... seriously its ghetto but this way you get a smoooth pull that flows with the body line not like those dumb lips you get with a fender roller

that is correct... i honestly just took out my suspension in the rear.......blasted the fenders with a heat gun.....jacked the car up and threw some stacks of newspaper ontop of the wheel and tire..... lowered the car from the jack poppped the trunk ..... hopped in the trunk and jumped up and down until they fit hahhaa.... seriously its ghetto but this way you get a smoooth pull that flows with the body line not like those dumb lips you get with a fender roller

hi dude,

how the front tyres, touching anything when u turn? full lock?

hi dude,

how the front tyres, touching anything when u turn? full lock?

nope as i said use the car for drifting so sure don't touch.... the problem with skylines is more rubbing on the front upper control arm rather than rubbing on the wheel well.... so i found with lower offset rims and smaller tires you can go a little lower.... I am putting adjustable upper control arms so i can fit them a little better and get my 3degrees up front.... when all the snow dissapears maybe i can get some action shots :D