SAU Community

Bov? Which Do You Perfer

sleek3

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BOV is a 4x4 armoured personnel carrier designed and built in the former Yugoslavia. This eight-man wheeled reconnaissance vehicle, powered by a Deutz six-cylinder diesel engine, was used for internal security and military duties. The Yugoslav Federal Secretariat for Internal Affairs controlled a federal paramilitary force, the People's Militia, which operated numerous BOV-M armored vehicles equipped with machine guns, water cannons, smoke and tear gas launchers for crowd control and riot situations.

800px-BOV_M-86.jpg

f*k me, they didnt hold back on using the water cannons (in riots)...and it fkn hurts...

Edited by KISIN

if u want an atmo one, go a hks ssq. nothin beats the nice crisp chirp.

and the flutter at half boost:)

I've got a HKS SSQV, i'll change it for a stock BOV anytime. The loud chirp gets irritating sometimes especially when you let go your throttle at full boost.

Stocks fine.

The purpose of the bov is to prevent compressor surge, so the people who are getting the "flutter" noise, the air from your intake is going straight back into your turbo...so yeah your wearing your turbo down quicker. Yes, it is a bit of myth/fact but I believe it to be true, makes sense.

some get them because when you're running higher boost, the standard one leaks.

I got a GFB Stealth-fx (2ndhand) to help fix the leak in my stnd bov. its full plumb back. I dont mind it, not my kinda thing with the noise etc, but it does the job. Got it at such a good price I reckon I could make $ off it

Stocks fine.

The purpose of the bov is to prevent compressor surge, so the people who are getting the "flutter" noise, the air from your intake is going straight back into your turbo...so yeah your wearing your turbo down quicker. Yes, it is a bit of myth/fact but I believe it to be true, makes sense.

hmmm..

tell me more..