SAU Community

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When Im home next.. Autosalong mag did a filter test.. they took something like 14 filters.. from the ceapest being $15 to the top end $180 one.

Wanna know a funny fact?.. The best over all flow and filter reading came from a cheapo one..

The 3A Racing pod won the best overall flow and filter pod in the Auto Salon magazine comparison. Bought one for $25 off ebay and it sounds pretty good to me.

THATS THE ONE I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!

:wave:

Thanks mate!

Saves you $100 spending on the HKS one

Edited by GTS4WD

soz bout the questions buying one very soon... would the universal pod be better for a louder suction noise or the reloade pod?????? :wave:

Buy em both and tell us :)

Edited by vietorious

i was just wondering..

would there be much of a difference from a dry type filter to an oil type filter?

or do they both perform pretty much the same... if anyone has tried both?

thanks

Stick with dry filters like the apexi or blitz. The oiled ones such as k&n are known to disrupt air flow meters as the oil disturbs the sensor. My blitz one was the loudest. IT was a bltiz stainless steel filter. Huge thing nearly twice the size of my apexi power intake.

Hi guys, i had a unifilter pannel filter (wet) and it started to disrupt my air flow meter and my ride (R33 GTS) defulted to limp home mode every 5 or 6 starts (starts and holds in 3rd gear auto trans).

I stuck a Hurricaine racing pod filter on (dry filter) and havent had any issues with my air flow meter or any of the above. The Hurricaine filter also makes a great noise........and is massive and red so it looks good too!!!!

Kind regards, Evan

PS) oohhh and about the dry Vs wet filter

Although i had a pannel filter as apposed to the pod, i kept finding the oil in the bottom of the pannel filter box, along the air flow meter and throughout the air intake piping leading towards the throtle. Gave it all a good clean out and since ive put the new dry hurricaine pod in i have had any buildup of oil (funnily enough!!!) Hope this helps

Edited by EMZ R33

Hi guys, i had a unifilter pannel filter (wet) and it started to disrupt my air flow meter and my ride (R33 GTS) defulted to limp home mode every 5 or 6 starts (starts and holds in 3rd gear auto trans).

I stuck a Hurricaine racing pod filter on (dry filter) and havent had any issues with my air flow meter or any of the above. The Hurricaine filter also makes a great noise........and is massive and red so it looks good too!!!!

oil ones are shizen..

P.s .. 4door love Emz.. =]

yeah i think i might go for a dry type pod, most likly the blitz one as its the biggest one i've seen so far lol

The 3A Racing pod won the best overall flow and filter pod in the Auto Salon magazine comparison. Bought one for $25 off ebay and it sounds pretty good to me.

is this an oil or dry typed filter?

Edited by R`Style

hey guys

im looking to buy a pod filter..Im after one with alot of suction noise or what u would call loud.... i was thinking blitz but i have no idea on how that sounds so not exactly sure with what brand i need.. any one with experince with these?

:w00t:

Yo i've had apexi's, HKS, K&N and my mates have had others but by far the loudest is the DRiFT pods you get from autobarn. They have the meatiest suction sound too (my hks ones atm for example sound odd and tinney compared)

The ones you'll want are the blue ones as they're dry type

Hey guys, just to throw it out there for everyone, has anyone tried a front mounted (behind the bumber) pod filter. Im keen to extend the air intake under the front bumper or behind the front grill (R33 series 1) to increase my cool air intake. Im not keen on travelling too far on hot days and givin' the car "a full foot" of red hot air!!!

Ive had a look in the engine bay and can't really see a hole / gap to fit a 4" pipe or tube from the air flow meter to the front bumber. I know that supercheap auto and autobarn have extention kits for the air intake but seriously......but i cant find anywhere for it to go!!!

Any suggestions would be awesome....oohh and pics if ya have em!!!

Kind Regards, Evan

Hey guys, just to throw it out there for everyone, has anyone tried a front mounted (behind the bumber) pod filter. Im keen to extend the air intake under the front bumper or behind the front grill (R33 series 1) to increase my cool air intake. Im not keen on travelling too far on hot days and givin' the car "a full foot" of red hot air!!!

Ive had a look in the engine bay and can't really see a hole / gap to fit a 4" pipe or tube from the air flow meter to the front bumber. I know that supercheap auto and autobarn have extention kits for the air intake but seriously......but i cant find anywhere for it to go!!!

Any suggestions would be awesome....oohh and pics if ya have em!!!

Kind Regards, Evan

When you remove the standard intercooler and install an aftermarket front mount intercooler theres a spare hole underneath the standard air box from the standard intercooler which can be used for your purpose... Have a look through here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fi...ex-t194963.html

You can bolt any pod filter onto a N.A .. And a universal one is prob not the best a specific one for your car will bolt up best..

As its been said .. Oiled filters are crap, You can get dry filters for the HKS but that aside the HKS ends up ugly because its yellow and you can see all the dirt it collect..

Apexi is the widest regarded pod avaliable.. But when it comes down to it, its just a pod. The 3A one will do well ... just buy that.

The main thing you take out of this is that you need a Pod box to cover the damn thing so you dont get defected.. As soon as they pop the hood they look for it so dont think they wont.

When you remove the standard intercooler and install an aftermarket front mount intercooler theres a spare hole underneath the standard air box from the standard intercooler which can be used for your purpose... Have a look through here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fi...ex-t194963.html

Thanks for the heads up, ive seen that post before but for the life of me could re-find it again!!!

Anyways, thanks for the info, but is there any other way that you klnow about, i wasnt keen on taking the incooler off right now....? might just shield it and see how that goes!

Ahhhh and guys, i can't seem to find the link that i mentioned earlier about the clear pod filter box on ebay anymore, sorry.

Kind regards, Evan

Edited by EMZ R33

actually k&n won not only with best flow or best filtration but a combination of the two, some had great flow but shit filtration, some had good filtration but shit flow, i suggest if u want noise buy an el cheapo pod for f**k all and spend money on an alluminium intake pipe to the turbo, plenty of noise, or just get an external wastegate and sell your stereo!! then u wont worry about a shitty woosh woosh, sounds like my washing machine coming on boost anyway

yeah, ok now it's summer thats fine, and in winter when u drive through a big puddle and suck a f**k load of water up into your intake and turbo via your pod behind the front bar, they already make water to air intercoolers, u don't need pod filter to puddle f**k your turbo and motor setup, just slap it in behind the headlight, the intercooler will do it's job, i use a laser tempreture gauge to measure intercooler cores temp and use the iat at the pod on the dyno, if u have a decent cooler it will work fine

Hey people has anyone used one of those turbine/cyclone adaptors inside their air intake system.

I had one from force flow in my R33 series one for about 2 tanks and could really tell if i got any increase/decrease in economy (reason why i installed it)???

Has anyone else used one like this or simular???

Results????