SAU Community

i always loved the idea of a turbo timer

for those who dont know its a device that leaves the car running after you leave it then turns it off automatically after a cooling period

there pretty cool in my opinions

been 18 and young im into that kinda show off stuff

i know you can buy them for NA cars

anyone got one/heard about one on a NA

i think it would be a bit of a laugh, im very interested in buying one

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to be cool with something like this i recon you should get the keyless start thingy.. my friend has one on his magna its just a button on his alarm / imobilizer he can push it from say 30 meters away what ever and it will start up the engine :P get one of those there cooler then turbo timers.. my turbo diesel 4wd has 1 :\

if you want to be cool with something like this i recon you should get the keyless start thingy.. my friend has one on his magna its just a button on his alarm / imobilizer he can push it from say 30 meters away what ever and it will start up the engine :P get one of those there cooler then turbo timers.. my turbo diesel 4wd has 1 :\

yeah i looked into them

ive herad a lot of bad things about them though

:S

I was thinking about this actually. More for practicality though. Had an event at the AHG skidpan on the weekend in 37 degree heat. After thrashing the car around the track, I didn't want to just shut it off. It may not have a turbo, but it is still a bit of a shock to the engine. And besides, its annoying sitting in your car letting it run for an extra 30 seconds after every run :P Just want to get out, take the helmet off and go sit in the shade for a few minutes before the next run :D

What are others opinions on this??

I HATE TURBO TIMERS!

ill give u 2 resons to argue the point of the things

1) The idea of the turbo timer has killed out in time these day they were important with oil only cooled turbos because they took longer times to cool down, now days on a street car most of the time when your comming to your destination you dont just tharsh it and kill the engine, when your coming home esp u dont trash it neer your neighbours and hit boost ect and this low rev normally is enough to cool it down only takes 30 secs so just cruise the last couple streets and your all good.

2) now this is the biggie esp cause everyone will argue my point 1 its a bit ambigious, Ok a turbo timer is desigened to keep engine running for x amount of time after shut down and the only way to kill that shut down is to press the little button, so in the event of an accident the car may stall but the fuel pump will still keep priming fuel, and all the elecs ect will all be oprable so what happens if something catchs on fire?? with everything still priming, even still what say the engine doesnt stall but u need to kill the engine because of a fire u cant just simpily rip out the keys and bang no power no nothing u still got to reach over and push that little button and really it the cars on fire i wanna get outa there ASAP

Turbo timers are dangourous and unsafe hence why they are illegal. there are some good point and some flauws to what i have written but u can kinda get my idea, agian everyones opinions are diff, just though id put my side out there

i have a APEXI AUTO TIMER in my r34. it has air fuel ration, battery voltage, O2 sensor and the turbo timer countdown, which i dont use, i have it on "0" so it does not keep the engine running after i have turned the car off.

i cost me 100 bucks from ebay and works a treat :P

on a na car it will only make a difference if you have severally been booting the shit out of it, ie doing a stand still burnout for 5mins straight without any air flow, otherwise there will be silch difference.

My bro has just put a turbo timer on his na 33, but thats maily cause its going to have a turbo on it in less than 2 weeks and its on less job to do once its been converted haha

Edited by R34GTFOUR

i have a APEXI AUTO TIMER in my r34. it has air fuel ration, battery voltage, O2 sensor and the turbo timer countdown, which i dont use, i have it on "0" so it does not keep the engine running after i have turned the car off.

i cost me 100 bucks from ebay and works a treat :)

why do you have it if you dont use any of the monitor displays or the turbo timer itself?

think what she ment is she doesn't use the countdown function, for $100 the air fuel ration, battery voltage, O2 sensor sensors are pretty cool, i've also seen ones with 1/4 mile 1 mile times and g-force take off lap time and lots of other wanky things that are probably more usefull that the turbo timer itself, i guess its a lot safer if you always have it set on 0 then when u do hammer it doing fully sick burnouts for 10 mins or it u been track or drag racing u can then set it appropriatly, this would be a little safer and if its got some rice bits it would be worth the obceanly cheap price tag they normally have

2) now this is the biggie esp cause everyone will argue my point 1 its a bit ambigious, Ok a turbo timer is desigened to keep engine running for x amount of time after shut down and the only way to kill that shut down is to press the little button, so in the event of an accident the car may stall but the fuel pump will still keep priming fuel, and all the elecs ect will all be oprable so what happens if something catchs on fire?? with everything still priming, even still what say the engine doesnt stall but u need to kill the engine because of a fire u cant just simpily rip out the keys and bang no power no nothing u still got to reach over and push that little button and really it the cars on fire i wanna get outa there ASAP

Turbo timers are dangourous and unsafe hence why they are illegal. there are some good point and some flauws to what i have written but u can kinda get my idea, agian everyones opinions are diff, just though id put my side out there

i only use my timer if been driving the car hard,otherwise its not switched on,it just comes down to common sense which a lot of people dont have these days

common sense is great, the problem is a lot of people that i know that had turbo timers never even thought of the rammifications of having it on all the time and just though the wank factor was cool, if everyone on the roads drove with common sence we'd do prob half the traffic cops outa a job.

think what she ment is she doesn't use the countdown function, for $100 the air fuel ration, battery voltage, O2 sensor sensors are pretty cool, i've also seen ones with 1/4 mile 1 mile times and g-force take off lap time and lots of other wanky things that are probably more usefull that the turbo timer itself, i guess its a lot safer if you always have it set on 0 then when u do hammer it doing fully sick burnouts for 10 mins or it u been track or drag racing u can then set it appropriatly, this would be a little safer and if its got some rice bits it would be worth the obceanly cheap price tag they normally have

i read it as she didnt use any of the turbo timer functions at all, but just re-reading it i think you could be right lol

those 1/4mile/0-100km/hr times only work if you buy an aftermaket g-force box which is worth more than the turbo timer itself.

I only used mine if i was on boost a 1min before i shut it down, otherwise i didnt bother

Edited by R34GTFOUR

just wire up any turbo timer, you don't need a turbo to use one.

i don't see the point of this thread. if you want one then buy one.

to get input like this ^^^^^^^^