SAU Community

R32 Gtst Owners

TTT

Without getting your Panties in a knot, lets discuss this.

why are R32 GTST owners who are selling their cars.. sorry.. trying to sell their cars, advertising them for ridiculous prices of around $15K give or take a thousand.

Apart from the body, The R33 has it over the R32 in so many ways.

is anyone actually selling their R32's for around $15K?

That is R33 series 2 money.

Don't get me wrong, I've had 2 skylines and both have been R32's..

but it almost seems that the price of R32's (at least on this forum) have gone up (or at least you are trying to do that)

The truth is, RB20 is pissier than an RB25

the R32 gearbox is pissier than R33 gearbox.

apart from the "looks" and 70kg weight difference, the R32 has nothing over the R33)

And I don't see a massive demand for the R32 either.

it's not like they are rare or people are hanging for them.

so it can only mean that R32 owners are dreamers. (Hi ROY!!! :) )

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of 2 people who have paid around the 15k mark for a 32 and i've seen more than one instance of people paying more. I paid 7 for mine because no one wanted an auto... 1k later for a manual conversion and mines as good as the rest! :)

Clearly it's because R32 = epic win!

it's not like they are rare or people are hanging for them.

go out and drive for about an hour and tell me how many 33's you see over 32's.....everytime i spot the usual skyline about 70% of the time its a 33.

Edited by Will_R31

in melb and vic atleast its because of the restrictions on p platers. the market is flooded with r33's. which is why you can find a very late model series 2 for similar prices to series ones a year ago. r32s on the other hand are legal in vic. demand is now a lot higher from ppl who have been forced to sell their r33's

go out and drive for about an hour and tell me how many 33's you see over 32's.....everytime i spot the usual skyline about 70% of the time its a 33.

5 years ago I would of spotted more R32 than R33s on the road - soon there will be more R34s on the road than both R32 and R33.

lol...well i am asking 26k or something for mine, so i am 100000% a DREAMER! :bunny:

But, mine is coming with spare RB25 gearbox, kevlar Momo race seat, data/dash logger, spare Regamaster wheels, CAMS approved cage etc which you could probably flog off for around 6-7k...so i guess i am asking 19k which is still a lot of money :)

I think the thing with R32s is there are less of them, and the condition and mods vary greatly, hence the wide range of asking prices. Are the asking prices too high? No such thing if you are the seller, its typically a buyers market and the seller can ask whatever he likes, if he needs to sell it then?!?!?!?!? :D Its just like VL 5Ls are more expensive then VN 5Ls Commodores despite the VN being EFI etc etc. For some reason the earlier model tends to attract a more heart felt buyer. You dont buy an R32 because they are better then any other models, you buy an R32 because you liek the styling of the car and for better or worse they just do it for you.

you may as well pay an extra $2 or 3K more and get a 32 GT-R

now there's a ridiculous situation

Depends a lot on the owner and what you want to do with your car though. If you are like me or some of my friends then the cheapest part of a GTR is the purchase price. By the tim eyou have done a few track days and you blow something up or want to go quicker...then well its not that hard to want to sensibly spend 30k.

Personally for what I do with a car I would never want a GTR. As a street car then I can see myself owning a GTR. But then again the only reason I own a car is to punt it and have fun, otherwise i would just own a diesel Golf. You cant punt any sprt of performabce car on the street so im back to being faced with the proposition of tracking a GTR and no way on earth i could do that. So its very much a matter of horses for courses i think. GTR or R33 does not suit every owners needs, but for some the R32 GTSt does.

Price is the exact reason I got an R33 instead of a 32. I paid a LOT less for it than people are trying to get for R32's over here at the moment, and to me it's a better car in every way. It has enough space inside that it is easier to drive long distances, much better engine ( I'm talking stock here ), and more potential, for a decent turbo manual r32 coupe, I'd have needed to spend an extra 3k+ more.

Roy - your car is an awesome package no doubt.

and as a club level circuit car, it is probably a front runner.

anyone who wants a competetive track car would be silly to pass yours by as it would cost ALOT more than $25K to get a stock R32 (including purchase price) to the same level of development as yours.

However, as you said, you and some of your friends....

these are the only people who would pay that sort of money for an RB20 R32 GTST.

Yes that last comment is a huge generalisation but as I said before, your one is not like most out there.

I'm sure someone could make the same power as your car for alot less than $25K.

but the package (stop, go, turn, etc) is worth the money

IF you are looking for that type of car.

Very small crowd you have there though.

MAJORITY of skyline owners look for power... they love their dyno figures.

MAJORITY of skyline owners drive on the street.

an RB20 that revs to 8200rpm with 260rwkw and boost from 4200rpm is not exactly a nice drive on the street.

awesome on a circuit though...

There is a buyer for every car.

But your audience is much smaller than the next shmuck who has a silver 93 R32 GTST with cat back and pod with legit 96,000kms on it selling for $13K

Considering E-WANG size is measured on Dyno figures and 1/4 mile times, and purchase price of R33 and R32 are pretty much the same if not cheaper for R33's, they are more popular.

It really does come down to looks.

and what you prefer.

But I don't understand why this means higher R32 prices.

Is it that there are less R32s?

carsales has skylines as long as my E-WANG.. and they've been there for months.

32's and 33's.

Same mods on an R32 and R33...

R33 will be more power full and quicker in a straight line and that is what an E-WANG is measured by.

carry on..

how is this a rubbish thread?

of course you own an R32 so will say so.

Threads like this just are, i couldnt care less about the prices i have no intention of reselling mine. Im honestly happier for the skyline community as prices get cheaper guys get into better cars etc etc...

Considering i bought it for 17k over 6 years ago i also think its held its value fairly well. Im talking about a 93, low kms, sunroof, abs, factory body kit etc. Not a 89 with no options either.

these threads are next to "vs" threads

its all good though, i get bored and make dumb threads sometimes too :)

Edited by 2630GTS

Here is another spin. I lvoe R31 coupes...i often wish i still owned my old GTS-X. But its the same deal, they still fetch 10k, which is what i paid for mine back in 1999. They have crappy RB20, weak gearboxes, shitty suspension and brakes....yet they have held their value well. So i think you just have to ride the market trends. A few years back at the peak of the 15yr rule there was a whole bunch of R32s advertised for well under 10k