SAU Community

R32 Gtst Owners

TTT

yeah but he probably drives like a total douche compared to you. that's purely circumstantial.

I know a guy who walked into our workshop and traded in his near mint R33 GTSt PLUS CASH for a slightly modified R32 GTSt... all because he was being hassled by his local coppers for driving a car that didn't conform to the P plate power to weight laws.

we couldn't believe it... but hey, if he wants to trade then who are we to stop him.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess someone will pay the inflated prices some people are asking if they have their heart set on a car.

I just can't see the justification.

If you are a P plater Mexican, then fine.

but for everyone else, I don't see why.

For the same dollars there are other buys which provide a better package.

and you can't go with the usual come back of "R32's aren't as common as R33's.

yes true, but R32's are also pretty common in terms of imports out there.. you are essentially just another 150rwkw, misfiring R32 owner.

No use going further with this.. it's gong to turn in to a X v Y thread for sure.

Hey..

Lets talk about BOV's.

ok, atmo bov's run better on 32's :thumbsup:

also never had a misfiring issue even at 214rwkw

good day

My mate had his R33 for approx half a year now... hasnt been pulled over once.

My R33 in the 4-5 months of driving since imported by me, my gf or my mate it hasnt been pulled over.

Does that mean your R32 is more of a cop bait than my R33 because you've been pulled over a whopping 1 time?

wether you get pulled over or not depends on WHERE you drive and HOW you drive.

3 years and 2 skylines and I have never been pulled over for anything.

Justin911 - very true.

makes no difference if it's common. it's what you want from a car.

If I were to buy another skyline it would be an R33 for sure.

I can see that it is the better buy and will give me more for my money.

However, I have other needs from my car so the next car will be a 180sx.

Now "they" are over priced LOL..

I live in Victoria

You live in SA.

Completely different scene.

8923489238 skylines compare to 3 in Sa.

How does your mate drives compared to you? What is his attitude on the road like? Unless yous two are exactly identical and drive on the same route as each other its a completely different scene.

Well we live in the same area; Hallam.

His car is a Silver R33 S2 Gtst

Drives not bad, hasnt got frount mount, no bov noise or fluttering, is quiet as.

My car is a Metallic Purple R32 Gtst.

front mount, got 3 inch zorst, loud flutter, can be heard from 1 block away.

I can see where you are coming from with the whole price thing.

Personally, I think the demand is higher for R32's these days. It's obviously not because of the price difference, because if you wanted something newer (ie. 33) you can quite easily afford the money.

I could never buy a 33 GTS-T. Never have and never will be a fan of them. The only thing I would most likely prefer is an RB25. I probaby could of been close to buying a R33 GTS-T with the money I paid for mine. I could of bought one as I had plenty more money from the sale of my old car.

I would rather a R32 anyday over a 33 even though, yes, the potential of an RB25 may be greater for dollar to dollar it still doesn't out weight the fact that I dont like the general look of a 33.

I have found that most people that dont like Skylines tend to prefer either 32's or a 34 GTR's. Within the last few years 33's have become affordable and everyone has them. I think maybe people are asking more as they feel their "clean example" might be worth a good dollar as its becoming a rarity to find a mint example. I know of plenty of average GTS-T's that have gone for under 10k, manual & turbo... but most needed touching up etc etc..

For someone to find a good combination of nice paint, tasteful mods and a tidy interior, the value may be increased. Problem is I would say, all the shit heap owners think they can get the same dollar..

So gtst how much are u looking to spend on a 180sx?

$10K-$12K for an SR powered one.

if I can sell my car in time, I will buy the 1JZ powered one. Asking price is $14K

But I am not after a fully rebuilt everything immacualte type car.

Mine will be parked in the street etc so I'm looking at something more common.

usual power and handling mods will see me happy.

they pop up very frequently at that price range.

I'm not a fanboy enough to fork out over $15k for some Type X bullshit just because it's a type X and comes with slightly less crappy seats and an engine that has a different colour on it.. oooo black top.. oooooo

Everyone is diff but for me a 3k price difference is nothing compared to what the mods will cost.

Also i think the 1J is prob a bad idea unless u are only into dragging?

It will be a street car.

it won't see a circuit.

therefore, 1J is a Brilliant idea.

That particular car has a whole host of other mods.

single turbo, ecu, GTR brakes and diff, coil overs and all the usualy suspects in making over 250rwkw at 1 bar.

and looking at the car, it has no body kit, nothing over the top.

17 inch wheels and lower than standard, 4 pot brakes is all that you can see.

i got pulled over equally as much in my R32 and is did in my R33

it wasnt the car, it was the manner of which i drove in, personalised plates and P-plates

cops arent as bias as people think

"ooooo looky here ... an R33 lets pull that over!..... oh there goes an r32... meh!"

lol

and i sold my 93' GTS-4 R32 with 0km rebuilt engine and gearbox for $11500

so they arent all going for $15k ... infact i havent seen any go for that much!

as far as i can see from knowledge of actual sales, and not advertising prices (big difference) the prices of skylines look something like this.... R32s ($9000 - $12000) and R33s ($11,000 - $14,000)

there is a 93 GTS4 with usual mods "asking" $16K on this forum right now.

see your car sale price is what i would expect to pay.. maybe a little more actually considering it had a fresh rebuild of engine and box (I assume with receipts)

I was also eyeing off this car.

Clean R32

Yes it looks like a GTR but it seems honest and clean.

I'm sure he would let it go for $11K ish.

But I can't bring myself to put a towbar to it.. which I would need.

Edited by GTST

Ok I have been skyline owner for about 8 months now. With the money I had I could of got a R33 or a R32. I decided on the R32 because personally the shape of the R33 doesn't really appeal to me. To me a R33 is just as plain looking as Commodore or Falcon whereas the R32 pulls off the sports car look alot better and that is what I see the skyline as, A japanese sports car. I have been a fan skylines for years and just the look of the R33 lets me down. Everytime I look in the garage and see the R32 sitting there it puts a smile on my face, when I see a R33 it just doesn't have the same appeal.

As for prices the dealership was asking 15k for mine and I got it $12000 as the final price (including all costs) and even sent it back to get some things repaired (Eg gearbox mount). If we were talking future prices in Australia and not only GTS-T I believe the models that will gain the most in value in the future will be R32 GTR's because of the racing history they have here and R34 GTR's because it is really the last model of the Skyline GTR.

For the book people R32 is the start of a book it is where Nissan went in a new direction with Skyline name, R34 is the end of the book and boy did it end well and well the R33 is the middle of the book that nobody can really be bothered to read.

*Puts on flame proof suit because alot of R33 owners are gonna be mad at my comments*