TTT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a street car.

it won't see a circuit.

therefore, 1J is a Brilliant idea.

That particular car has a whole host of other mods.

single turbo, ecu, GTR brakes and diff, coil overs and all the usualy suspects in making over 250rwkw at 1 bar.

and looking at the car, it has no body kit, nothing over the top.

17 inch wheels and lower than standard, 4 pot brakes is all that you can see.

To me that sounds pretty average, but in your seemingly extremely tight financial position i can see how it might look like a good idea to you. How soon do you think youll get something? Is the major hold up you cant find anything suitable?

i recently sold my auto R32GTST for just under 12k --> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/19...ml#entry3334761

i bought it for 12k about 4.5 years earlier :thumbsup:

i advertised it on carsales and it sold 4 days later and i was contacted by 6 people within that time. i suppose i could have asked even more if i wanted as it sold so quickly but i wanted it to go asap

yes i spent a LOT of money on it but at the end of the day that money was well spent because i enjoyed almost every minute in it

plus that money i put into it gave me some better resale value

the issue i think is really: what do mods do for resale value?

99% of people think that $3k worth of wheels on a car makes it worth $3k more than its market price. its just stupid. many cars will never sell because the owners are dreaming. they end up having to "de-mod" it to make it sell.

it is strange that the price of R32s has held where it is. i think they might have almost reached their baseline value.

the equivalent year ford/holden might be worth 4k, s13 worth 8k and r32 worth around 10k

i have to agree with GTST on this one its kind of weird that R32's have been so expensive. part is dreaming, part must be in their image and that they are approaching their baseline value

Everytime I look in the garage and see the R32 sitting there it puts a smile on my face, when I see a R33 it just doesn't have the same appeal.

I know how you feel cept other way round :thumbsup:

DSC01538.jpg

Yes more mods will give a better resale, but they're still a HUGE loss

financially they're a loss but that's not why we mod cars is it..

we mod it for the enjoyment that it brings to driving the car.. and that makes them worth every cent!

Edited by WazR32GTSt

Yes more mods will give a better resale, but they're still a HUGE loss

Absolutely.

Even if i strip my car back to stock (well almost stock as i'd have to buy a new engine to make it stock) i will still lose a packet as i have lost money when i upgrade the mods i had done previously.

I've gone through 3 sets of suspension as my goals have changed, I re bushed the entire suspension, then went adjustable upper arms front and rear as the bushes didn't give enough adjustment, I'm on my second after market turbo setup (so manifolds, dump pipes, lines etc all changed), 3rd exhaust.

I'm up to my 4th set of wheels, though i have all 4sets lying around still as i am yet to post some up for sale and some are now track rims

i reckon including purchase and factoring in the loss on parts sold off my r32 owes me close to 60k, though it certainly doesn't look it :thumbsup: That doesn't include close to 9k in insurance costs over the past 5 years either....

No one has any thoughts on the situation with R31 GTS-X Skylines? I suspect that R32s will not get much cheaper then 8k...and thinking about it, 8k for a run of the mill GTSt buys you a lot of car for very little money.

Its a factory optioned 40th Anniversary front bar :thumbsup:

40th Anniversary? Really? I would have sworn the Japanese had been whaling longer then that :D

Come on...its the 4th page already. This shoudl have spiralled out of control pages ago :(

And seeing as my r32 has the rb25 engine and box it must be worth atleast 18k.....lol

exactly.

i am doing the conversion at full r33 drive train and engine. and not just a stock engine...starting to wondering if it worth the money, but with a new paint job and alot of other new bits, i think it is going to be worth that and not to mention the plates to go with it :thumbsup:

IMO: R33 are for pimps...R32 are for cool people...R34 gtt are for the people who have money.

oh and funniest thread award for this week GTST!!

Ok I have been skyline owner for about 8 months now. With the money I had I could of got a R33 or a R32. I decided on the R32 because personally the shape of the R33 doesn't really appeal to me. To me a R33 is just as plain looking as Commodore or Falcon whereas the R32 pulls off the sports car look alot better and that is what I see the skyline as, A japanese sports car. I have been a fan skylines for years and just the look of the R33 lets me down. Everytime I look in the garage and see the R32 sitting there it puts a smile on my face, when I see a R33 it just doesn't have the same appeal.

Thats exactly how i feel. Go 32!!! :laughing-smiley-014:

i could have got a 33 for the same price as i got my 32 for, but the 32's have a better body style,33 looks too round and bloated,for my taste anyway,each to their own choice of car :thumbsup: