R32 Gtst Owners

TTT

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these threads suck...

every time there are a bunch of 32 owners coming in flaming 33's

get over it... if you need to justify to yourself that you didn't waste money on an even older car go to ns and bag out s13's or some shit

were just jealous cos your 33s are faster :rolleyes:

i personally think 33s are great cars and great value for money - which is why i talked my friend into buying one! only reason i didn't get one is cos i dont like the look of them

and yeah - am really jealous of the rb25 :/

i really prefer the r32 look. would have bought one but i didnt know they existed when i was looking for my car. lol. i was noob

ended up buying the worst looking of the lot - series one r33. wouldnt trade my car for anything less than a r33 or r34 gtr tho. rb25 pwns all else and r32 gtrs are just too much hassle

I wanted an R32 GT-R from the first time in saw one at the motorshow '91 (Bathurst cemented the deal), I finally bought one in '04

But, after 13 years of desiring, and around 3 of ownership- the novelty of 32 Skylines has worn off for me. They still make me look when I see a nice one, but the exterior and interior are just too dated now (VN style dash anyone?), and you seem to constantly have to fix little things.

Having said that- If I find a flawless 32 GT-R in a few years for sale at the right price and with (extensive) well thought-out mods and reconditioning work, I'd say I'd be tempted. But more than likely my next GT-R would be a Series 3 33.

To me that sounds pretty average, but in your seemingly extremely tight financial position i can see how it might look like a good idea to you. How soon do you think youll get something? Is the major hold up you cant find anything suitable?

I'd be looking at the new year.

Gotta get the wife a RAV 4 first, then after xmas and so forth, I'll sell mine and get a 180.

The reason for the 180 is the need to carry a mountain bike.

The Liberty has a towbar so it works.

I don't want to put a tow bar on a skyline or silvia.

with the rear seats down in a 180, the bike fits.

Other cars I considered are GTiR and Legnum

GTiR is still possible, but I just don't know if I can be comfortable with one.

Legnum is a good idea but they are around 1500kg and most commonly auto.

AND have a V6 in an east west layout.

meaning plenum off to change rear plugs.

not to mention the difficulty in selling them which will no doubt happen within 1 year going my by proven track record. :/

Absolutely.

Even if i strip my car back to stock (well almost stock as i'd have to buy a new engine to make it stock) i will still lose a packet as i have lost money when i upgrade the mods i had done previously.

I've gone through 3 sets of suspension as my goals have changed, I re bushed the entire suspension, then went adjustable upper arms front and rear as the bushes didn't give enough adjustment, I'm on my second after market turbo setup (so manifolds, dump pipes, lines etc all changed), 3rd exhaust.

I'm up to my 4th set of wheels, though i have all 4sets lying around still as i am yet to post some up for sale and some are now track rims

i reckon including purchase and factoring in the loss on parts sold off my r32 owes me close to 60k, though it certainly doesn't look it :happy: That doesn't include close to 9k in insurance costs over the past 5 years either....

I'll give you $7.5K :rolleyes:

every time I look at my R32 I think "what a pile of money sucking shit"... then I look at the S14 and think "what a pile of money sucking shit"... and then I look at my bike and think "only you truely love me".

Bro.. you needs a woman. I have a sister inlaw I'm willing to trade you for one of your money sucking pile of shits... PM me.

Go read an economics text book and never post something like this again...

stop crying like a baby you crybaby. get over your R32'ness.

i sold mine for 13k

i wasnt dreaming!

Exactly.. and it wasn't a run of the mill R32 with king springs, cat back and hks pod.

Your's was realistic..

R32 + RB30 > *

pfft.. you're preaching to the preacher here homeboy..

but that is not what this is about..

on that note though..

2 R32's with RB30det's in QLD have recently been advertised on carsales for $12K (sold the same week) and $14K

THAT is a good buy.

if you saw the condition of the r32's selling for $9-10K, you will then realize why people are happy to pay $12k+

The demand and limited number of DECENT r32's is what keeps the prices up.

Many r32 owners took 6-12months in order to find their perfect r32 due to the minimal amount being imported by dealers etc

If you are after a clean r33, they can be found easily and hence why the price is low because there is such a large choice.

"The reason for the 180 is the need to carry a mountain bike.

The Liberty has a towbar so it works.

I don't want to put a tow bar on a skyline or silvia.

with the rear seats down in a 180, the bike fits."

Hey GTST I had the same prob, I considered a tow bar for mine but it looks crap and the quotes to put one on rediculous

Buy a mountain bike where you can take off the front/back wheels and the seat and it'll fit

and about r32/r33 i agree with the guy that said be grateful because I reckon without them you'd all be in commodores

how about a 10yo commo vs 10yo skyline, now thats a real one sided argument

Edited by Gengis

all? all?! ever hear of a lil thing called a 2jz :P

phuck the 2j :(

lol dunno about the rest of yous but i only bag r32s to annoy the owners :P

i love r32s, r33s and r34s, just that i prefer 1 more than the other...

+1. this argument will never die but as long as ppl realise the above fact, no one gets hurt. now....who likes 4 doors?

Is it me or does R32 owners get majorly defensive and just has to bag out the R33? I've noticed it with this thread and every other thread where its R32 vs R33... is there something to prove to us R33 owners? :)

Edited by vietorious