SAU Community

Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Manual Conversion Done?

try yourself man...gearbox, pedals, tailshaft, clutch, flywheel and spigot bush should be enough to get started, then you just need to bypass the ingear relay in the relaybox. Piece of piss. Cost me $800 for all the parts last time i did that conversion 4-5 years ago.

1000 bucks and a saturday if u do it yourself. Its real easy mate, its not like u have to unplug a sh!tload of wires or have to try and make it start :( Couple of bolts & some heavy lifting and its done

Tripple that for a mechanic

Im sure theres heaps of people on here who can do it :D

yeah u can pick up all the parts for about $800, very easy to do, if you look next to the brake pedal from the inside its already marked for where the clutch pedal/master has to go, if you get a mechanic to do it will cost you roughly around $1500 maybe more and dno how long they might screw you round for or what dodgey stuff they do, i say buy all the parts yourself so you know whats going into it, you wont need many tools either, a few spanners a drill, breaker bar and just the usual stuff,

JV

yeah u can pick up all the parts for about $800, very easy to do, if you look next to the brake pedal from the inside its already marked for where the clutch pedal/master has to go, if you get a mechanic to do it will cost you roughly around $1500 maybe more and dno how long they might screw you round for or what dodgey stuff they do, i say buy all the parts yourself so you know whats going into it, you wont need many tools either, a few spanners a drill, breaker bar and just the usual stuff,

JV

it's funny how u shit can mechanics when it takes em 4 years to become qualified in a technical feild and are responsible for the lives of nearly everyone u see on the roads, yeah do it at home so a mechanic doesnt screw you the shitty sum he charges you, compared to and electrician or a plumber, just remember- make sure u pack those wheels bearing right so the wheels dont lock up on the freeway and cause accidents or death, or did i tension those caliper bolts correctly? tension whats that?? i didn't read about how a bolt should feel on the internet hmm, it's called experience, sure you will get things done on your own and the net is an exxcellent resource, but when it f**ks up where does everyone go, well they don't use yahoo answers or wikipedia, they call us blokes who get dirty for a living and say i'm stuck can u help me, and a majority of the time for the diy enthusiast i will offer free advise or if it takes a minimal amount of time there will be no charge, so shitcan mechanics but remember who your parents took the cars to for servicing and brakes before that family trip, maybe u wouldnt be here reading this if dad or his mate jack made a boo boo all those years ago, nope it was the bloke with the dirty overalls getting paid f**k all for your survival... remember your not always paying for your arse to be ripped, and sometimes peace of mind is costly but it's better than rest in peace of mind..