SAU Community

Standard Gtr R32 Suspension

Hey Guys

I bought a car in Adelaide and it failed to clear the vehicle inspection here in WA due to the aftermarket suspension not having enough travel. Anyway, I've sourced a second hand standard suspension for $250. I'd prefer not to make the purchase if its' faulty or going to give the guys at the pits another reason to keep me from driving the car. What should I be on the lookout for? The guy at the wreckers asked if it I needed white or I think silver. What did he mean?

Thankyou

Only reason I would see the standard suspension not passing the test would be that the shocks are all worn out or the whole system is in really bad condition. With GTR's being ~18 years old, I'd imagine finding a set of good condition shocks will be very difficult.

Wouldn't have a clue about the white or silver thing. Can't think of anything that it would relate to.

One way if seeing if the shocks are in 'good enough' condition is push them down and if they travel back to its position slowly, they should be fine and if they go straight back to their original position in say 1 sec (or quick), then they could be f**ked. Don't know if my way of testing is good, but it should give you an idea of what condition the shocks are in.

Edit: $250 is a bit pricey for a set of second hands. I purchased a set for $150 and they were in good-ish condition.

Edited by adam-__-