SAU Community

Turbo died today :(

umm no i'm not starting it or driving it anywhere, cos if its the compressor wheel? then it will smash and go through my engine, if it already hasn't. If a car is making a noise like this then the last thing you do is take it for a thrash. I'm 100% sure its something in the turbo its so obvious i don't need to be a mechanic to figure that out.

I'm working on getting a package for a 500hp turbo, FMIC, fuel pump and Clutch and possibly powerfc so i can tune it to a safe level for the injectors/engine internals.

In future if i get spare cash then i'll be able to do injectors and forged pistons/rods etc and take the turbo to what it's capable of.

Is there anything i missed that i might need for reliability in my first stage of upgrades?

A knock sound.. How did it idle when it was knocking? Rough?

I've seen or heard of a R32 that recently went bang then knock knock knock and the idler bearing bolt snapped. Causing a slack timing belt in turn knocking valves on the top of the pistons. which = very bad.

When your exhaust wheel breaks or shatters the shaft becomes unbalenced and causes the other end of the shaft to rattle a bit this could be what you'r hearing, i would'nt recomend driving it either coz as u sed warrior_350 it could be the other end of the turbo or a piece of crap in the turbo that could end up goin through your motor.