SAU Community

Custom Split Exhaust System

futurewa

Nismoid, what do you think of the centre muffler idea as opposed to your two new rear mufflers?

I have two, not both at the rear though.

One before the diff, one after it.

Whilst one middle muffler will make your set-up quieter for sure, its dependant on what you deem acceptable as to whether or not 'its enough'

Even putting in a middle muffler, it will still reverb/echo or whatever the term is and still be reasonable 'loud' as i would call it.

As lately we've been playing around with a few 'things' and the best gains are making things as quiet as possible at or near the rear muffler

my system is simple.. twin 3inch dumps into single 4inch before cat.. 5inch body 4inch in and out metal cat and i only run one jun bl 3.5inch(couldnt find a nice 4inch muffler on the market at the time)mufflers at the back.. is a very quiet system ive found each car ive put a metal cat on its turned out to be extremely quiet

so yer.. as others asked are you running cats if so wat are they?

Edited by rb26s13

that looks like williamsF1`s car (ben I think his name was?).

nice exhaust. not sure how good those mufflers are, but really the only way to quieten it is more muffler. thin wall stainless exhausts are also generally louder than an equivelant thicker wall mild steel system. but obviously one looks nice, the other doesn`t.

I've had a muffler added where the crossover existed previously. (twin 2 1/2in and twin 2 1/2 out. ) It's still a bit too noisy so I guess the next step is to change the rear mufflers.

I can't be 100% sure but I think the muffler in place of the split has improved performance, especially higer in the rev range. Is it possible that the split was restrictive?

Yes, it is WilliamsF1 car, now in Perth.

Edited by futurewa