SAU Community

Dumb Stuff You Just Shouldn't See On The Road!

psi

I had a rough arvo..

reading the replies really added a big smile to my face. It doesn't seem to matter how crap a day i have.. I read this thread to quickly realise that at least some of us still have a great sence of humour and that (hopefully) none of us own anything like the stuff we are all laughing at!

Dont mess with the pink seat covers Noel! my wife loves her 121 bubble with bright pink seat covers! And i proudly drive it.. but then again.. I'm more secure about my sexuality then some :laugh:

I would not advise you let onto her that its crap.. cos i wont even go there!

& she helps with the BBQ for the skid days.. u might get hairball in ya burger buddy!

Now as for the towel rails.. I saw a red VH commodore with a VERY sad attempt of a port rack on the boot lid. I pass the car nearly every week in the industrail estate near the gympie skid pan. I smirk EVERY time i pass it.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never mentioned the pink seat covers in your for sale ad for the 121...

Back to stupid things;

Spotted a car at skilled park the other night at the football, was an old Fairlane like really old V8 fairlane 500 probablly worth a few dollars.

Anyway it had a modern plastic rear wing bolted to the boot complete with LED brake light, so here is this old classic box'y looking fairlane looking pretty good and some smuch has destroyed the thing by bolting on a piece of plastic.

But thats not all, apon closer inspection of what i thought were stickers I realised he had rivit'ed on all these metal/tin signs.

He had shell oil, "Master cheif" and heaps of other old tin signs out of a navy boat just rivit'ed onto the panel work, there were australian army badges on there, there was all sorts of shit. What looked to be a straight clean'ish old school fairlane 500 turned out to be the hot dog guys blues mobile.

Col, i think that poor old fairy-lane is winning the dumbest car award hands down!

I was gonna bag out an XB falcon 500 with two tone, hammer tone paint job, but thats nothing to yours.

I didn't mention the Pink covers on the sale add cos my sweeter half has informed me that whatever i buy her will be getting the covers! Now i'm not scared of much, but I know better than to tangle with her when she has already decided.. Speaking of the bubble, I better get motivated about selling it. My wife is eating for 2 again! aaaaarrrgghghh!

yea it had boost but not the snarl of a 20B! had to be a 13B! didn't think the old dak dak coger would cope with the massive HP increase!

bit of a late reply, but was the kombi green? there is a kombi in gympie that has a wrx motor in it. it has a scoop on the side to duct air in to keep the motor cool.

In thailand I saw a ute that the skin of every panel rusted off and just bits hanging here and there and you could see through the doors and roof due to rust lol

In australia i'm pretty sure it wouldnt pass a roady lol

When in WA a few years ago I saw a really old ute with rust holes in both doors. You could see both driver and passengers legs. My dad said they didn't need inspections over there for rego every year. Bet its changed now though. Oh and the other night on the way home from work I saw a range rover 4WD smoke a VT SS commodore. The guy reckons it does 13.0 flat, and I believe him, since it has the supercharged jag motor.....

great engine convo for the humble old landy!

saw a mirage with shiny bits hanging out from under the door.. shiny bits ALWAYS grabs the attention.. so another look was needed. Chinese version of a name brand Jap muffler hanging in the breeze just before the back wheel. noise, and lots of it. the car was running MAGGA rich, so the back mag was black as the ace of spades!

shiny front rim, charcoal back rim.. nice!

Rusty utes.. hmmph, get this: An old guy i knew ages ago, was a pritty smick painter in his day. the old boy was suffering from all things related to being old and he tended to deal with this by smoking ANYTHING! (thats a whole different story!) one day i went to visit the crazy old bugger to see what he was up to and hadnt OD'ed or worse, and noticed the farm ute in the shed all taped up, and hes goin at it, like tomorrow its show time. He was short on words this day so I returned a week later...

The ute was now dent free, painted in a beautiful coat of ocean blue... with rust holes. WHAT THE? So I start on the silly man. Then he rolls back in his chair and just loooooooooses it in laughter.

He painted the rust onto the ute! yep. not a spot of real rust left on it anywhere, but has rust painted onto the pannels! I never got a stright anwer y he did that..

I think it was related to his smoking habbits and thinking it was a good idea at the time.

needless to say the old coot could stilll paint!

Edited by psi

Ok, I got something that'll match u up good col..

Saw, a very large caravan (bad enough) being towed by, wait for it, a Ford 32 coupe! yep, no mirrors, no idea whats goin on behind, no cares at all.. now the poor old 32 was doin a dismel 75km/h down the road and got 3 massive tank slappers goin down a large hill on the southern side of the Cooroy range! I have never seen a hot rod tow anything before...

smick car.. moron owner!

well, due to gympie's geography, it is technically a hole..

so I guess it stands to fair reason that caravans find it hard to lug their lard butts outta here!

I was in Gladstone on sat for work.. saw so much crap up there.. couldn't be bothered telling u all about it. Nothing of great stupidity though.