SAU Community

Registering A Writeoff

GTScotT

Hey all,

always loved skylines and yet couldnt seem to afford one, and being a 3rd yr panel beater i decided to get my self a reparable write off, found one at the right price from a reputable salvage dealer, got my halfcut to repair it, repaired the car and now went to get a blue slip

now even though this car was previously registed in the country and is listed on revs as a repairable write off, the guy tells me i need to have a compliance plate besides the japanese one, this car, like most of my friends imports only has the plate with a vin number starting with 6u9000 then the vechiles vin after it, and no other tags except the jap one,

now i have been told i also needed a australian complience plate to be able to get this car re registed. i know the new imports have them, yet i know my car and alot of other older imports (r32 and silvias) dont have this other complience plate only the new number pop rivited on,

so what do i need to do to get this thing registed as i know my friends have gotten things similar to this registed in the past,

i love my new car, had it repaired for a couple of weeks now and cant wait to drive it yet im stuck here.

also if ive started getting a blue slip one place, and they have said the above even though they have started to fill out the paper work can i take my car elsewhere to be passed?

if so can anyone recomend a place that can help me, im in sydney and would like the place to be within 30 min or so of hurstville

thanks

scott

yeah as long as it was imported before the 15 year rule was cancelled you are fine. You need to find a blue slip place that knows what they are talking about. You will also be able to get a copy of the import approval from DOTARS if you are having trouble

depends if the car was regoed in nsw or another state. if regoed in another state and you dont already have an engineers report showing complience of the vehicle you will need to get one. a written offf vehicle check as part of the blue slip would then have to be done and then once that was all ok then you could rego the car.you dont need to have a complience plate.

thanks for your help, ill need to contact DOTARS to get the import approval, becasue the few other places i spoke to today said even though it had held registration in nsw previously i still need that documentation yet i dont need the tag

thanks

if you have proof of previous rego such as old papers you wil not need the dotars import approval copy nor will dotars give you a copy as you arnt the person who imported the vehicle originally (privacyreasons)