SAU Community

RB20DETT TwinTurbo2Litre

That's a difficult one because the "affordable" twin scroll integrally waste gated turbos intended for 2-2.5L Subaru's and Evolution Lancers won't bolt up . To make either of those work would mean a one off exhaust manifold because their wacky mounting flange design is so different to the std Nissan manifolds one .

Its really hard to have a win here because no one appears to make a twin scroll integral waste gate turbine housing that fits a split pulsed T3 flange size . You can get a few twin scroll housings without waste gates but to apply external/s is difficult and expensive to do properly . I can see 6-7G's worth of bits (still in boxes) and for that kind of money you may as well fit an RB25DET and gearbox with less exotic bolt on turbos . Some may even suggest selling the R32 and buying an early reasonable nick R33 . I once wanted a powered up R32 but opted for an R33GTST because most of the basis for a good road car is already there - turn key operation .

Performance road cars make you want to tear your hair out , you have to be so careful that you don't paint yourself into corners by spending lots without getting the performance benefits . Years ago I was told that factory engineering is hard to beat on price , the more goodies you can get in std trim the better because the manufacture has done all the hard work for you . BTW I'm not sold on GTR's because they are so complex expensive and heavy for the engine size .

Cheers A .

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate recently came back from QL with the gold twin turbo rb20 laurel

seems to go ok had to do a quick fix on the ecu and use my tomei remap to get it running better

The standard ecu didnt like q45 afm and gtr inj, lucky the remap was for 555cc inj, z32 and trust td06 19c

so it idle's and runs well enough for him to take it to the track for sat drift prac

it will be good to see it once its had a tune