SAU Community

Places To Dyno ?

02_FNE

hey, i live on the northside..

i agree though makes sense that if its an awd car then put on a awd dyno... godzilla sounds good..

anyony been to C & J.. i here they are real good, just a bit Pricey $$

Even though Godzilla aren't northside, they're only a short trip down the gateway anyway.

hey, i live on the northside..

i agree though makes sense that if its an awd car then put on a awd dyno... godzilla sounds good..

anyony been to C & J.. i here they are real good, just a bit Pricey $

I took my Verada to C&J for a uni chip install before I got a skyline and they seem to know there stuff, never had any troubles with service or anything was 1300 bucks though, for an extra 10kw atw woo hoo magna power! I was a bit nieve with prices then!

I'm hopefully taking my ricer over to godzilla sometime soon when its sorted, for a tune was quoted 500 for a PFC witch seems very reasonable.

Edited by SevenAngryPenguins

hmm well it seems there are a few standout companies..

whats the ball park cost for a str8 up dyno read out these days..?

i wonder if any of them companies are staying open at all over xmas period..

Edited by 02_FNE

Id pick up the phone and start calling...

Xmas period is always hard to get anyone open apart from retailers...

As for prices once again your best off calling, tell em SAU sent you (that they were recogmended on the forums) and im sure they will take care of you...

Personally wouldn't recomend Matty Spry @ Pitstop Performance only for his customer service.

Alternatively his tuning ability may be all well and good though. Have had alot of good reports about his experience and abilities with regard to tuning turbocharged vehicles. So i'm not in any way slagging off his expertise, only his attitude toward myself as a customer. I was a big fan of his from my Gemini days when he owned/tuned/ran HYPO4.

Was not happy with his customer service 100%, i spoke with him personally @ his workshop and he treated me like a P.O.S from the word g'day. He told me he had no intention of touching my so called "P.O.S" skyline unless i fitted various parts that he stated i had to fit for it to be worth touching let alone worth looking at. His "demands" were a Motec or Autronic computer or a min of Apexi SAFC, but even then he said he'd "probably be too busy to look at it".

I don't know if it was 'God Syndrome' or whether he was having a shocker at work. It's just not good business etiquette to turn your back on and laugh at a customer that asks to have a HKS Fuel Cut Defender fitted & AFR's checked, then walk off while the customer is asking whats so funny/bad about wanting to have one fitted.

Within 2 hours later, i had a quote and excellent service & advice from both 'Chiptorque' and 'Millenium Motorsport'. In the end, i got Millenium to fit the FCD and check the AFR's and i was very happy with them overall in both work carried out & customer service.

Like i said earlier, i'm not bad mouthing any workshops abilities or expertise in regard to tuning. Only my experience with customer service, all three workshops mentioned have countless evidence of their workmanship that i would never argue with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ignore post

Also Godzilla Motorsport dont do single power runs anymore for anyone interested. Just that it takes alot of time to move all the cars out of the workshop for just one run and youd have to pay for the time moving the cars too etc. I think he said that may do it but after paying for the labour to move the cars, I think it would be more expensive compared to quotes elsewhere.

Edited by Howieau

i said 150.00 for 4wd dyno power runs. 100 for 2wd... thats what i charge as it takes over 1/2 hr to set up the car 3 power runs and any cheaper and its not worth it...

and yes it can be a pain to do power runs but i do them as it generates work....

also get your story correct before posting rubbish....

hope this helps ..

Also Godzilla Motorsport dont do single power runs anymore for anyone interested. Just that it takes alot of time to move all the cars out of the workshop for just one run and youd have to pay for the time moving the cars too etc. I think he said that may do it but after paying for the labour to move the cars, I think it would be more expensive compared to quotes elsewhere.

My apologies I must have misinterpreted what you said over the phone.

So just to clarify is it $150 for 3 power runs? I thought that was the quote for a single which is why I posted that.

Thanks

Mercury motorsports

+1

I've never been anywhere else since I got my 'line. But I'm on the north side very close to Mercury.

If I was on the south I'd probably go straight to Godzilla. Trent and the boys at mercury have been very helpful and friendly. I only went there twice and Trent was greeting me by name when I walked in. They did a power run on my GTR for $75. That was 3 full pulls. Gonna go see 'em soon, the bug for more power is biting at me again....