SAU Community

Ps3 Us Spec

[WLDCRD]

Just quickly, other than the fact that us is on 110 and we are 240, is there going to be much difference? Is there anything i should be aware of? My sister is coming back from the US and she asked if i wanted one. So any info is good enough for me! Thanks

Sorry I haven't check here for a little bit but I will help you out the best I can.

If you are getting a console with Backwards Compatablity you will only be able to play US release PS1 and PS2 as they are region locked.

DVD's are also region locked so no playback of Australian DVD's.

PS3 games are multi-region so you can play PS3 games released anywhere in the world.

Blu-Ray Movies some are region locked and some are not, You best off ordering US version of Blu-Ray movies to be on the safe side.

I would say that would be most of your problems, PAL VS NTSC isn't really a problem in this day and age. You already mentioned the power issues. Another thing the Warrenty may not be valid in Australia.

Edited by Triptych

thanks for the info. that pretty much tells me everything needed to know. oh, also heard that you cant use it for online stuff

as for power, i think i will just get a step down unit unless there is an easier way.