SAU Community

Ps3 Or Xbox

Abo Bob

PS3 or XBox  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ps3 or 360 question is easy lol the hard part is choosing which tv to buy to play it on ;)

lol this is true...

QUOTE:"32vspecII Posted Today, 07:36 AM

now my 360 is fixed the ps3 isnt even hooked up......."

the 360 needed fixing...need i say more? lol

OK I own a PS3 (Have had it since the midnight launch) now a couple of things you should know. I have told people to hold off buying a PS3 because of the lack of B/C in the new 40gb models but after last night I did come to reliese that BC isn't really that important if you work out the facts. BC seems like an important feature if you have owned a PS2 (from my memory the 40gb can still play PS1 games please correct me if I am wrong) and if you have owned then you should have your PS2 still sitting near the TV so you won't really need to play them on the PS3. Lack of memory card reader and 2 USB slots isn't really a major issue either as you can pick up an external usb box for rather cheap and just run a USB Memory card reader.

The other arguement over PS3 and 360 is that 360 has alot more games then the PS3 due to being released first blah blah blah. Ok your right there is alot more games on 360 but how many of those are actually good games? Just like the PS2 library of games there maybe alot of them but there not all good just like the 360. Im not saying every game on the PS3 is great but I do own over 13 games and haven't regretted the money spent on them yet.

Next up is the controller, I have never been a fan of the Xbox controller for the simple fact to me it looks like a rip off of the Dreamcast controller and even though I love the Dreamcast controller I prefer a controller to remind me of the console I am playing. In regards to the PS3 controller being light yes the current Sixaxis controller is pretty light but Rumble is coming as I already have a DualShock 3 in my hands (which I ordered from play-asia) and that adds some weight to the controller and I must admit the added weight feels like a nice balance in the hands.

System reliability is a major thing in this generation and everybody knows of the 360 RROD (Red Ring Of Death) and you only need to goto xbox forums to know that it does happen but you goto a PS3 forum and you will have trouble finding alot of people having to return there console due to it being broken. Some PS3's will fail and as I mentioned I have mine since launch night here and still no problems there was an article released a few months about failure rates on both consoles and I am unsure if these numbers are confirmed reports (remember this article is a little old so Microsoft could have got their act together) but it was saying the 360 had around a 33% failure rate where as the PS3 and Wii were under 1%.

Blu-Ray VS HD-DVD well right now it doesn't really matter it is not like DVD's are going to stop being made anytime soon but in my opinion the fact that Sony use Blu-Ray as its game storing device is a good thing compared to the 360 still using standard DVD. Higher storage space is a good thing for the simple fact more things can be thrown on a disc which in return could be a longer game, uncompressed audio and so on and so forth.

Now this is the bit that will annoy the hell out of anybody who just took the time to read all of this, I'm not going to say to buy a PS3 or a 360 I am going to say head down to your local gaming shop and play both the consoles and base your choice on which one you prefer.

lol this is true...

QUOTE:"32vspecII Posted Today, 07:36 AM

now my 360 is fixed the ps3 isnt even hooked up......."

the 360 needed fixing...need i say more? lol

i know heaps of ps3s already been fixed

so i wont be suprised when mine goes

i ended up have 3 ps2s so.......

Edited by 32vspecII

I personally have the 360 and i love it. The controllers are much better to use, there are a lot more games available, and there IS a chip for the xbox. Well, not really a chip but they "flash" the DVD drive. I don't know exactly what it does, but you play copied games because of that. I've had it for about a year, got about 10 games (all copied) and i wont buy a single original games. I buy each game for about $8, whereas you can get a PS3 and buy each game for $100+.

The Blu-Ray thing doesn't bother me. When the time comes, i'll get a Blu-Ray player - not a PS3. Anyone with a PS1 or PS2 knows that the laser eventually F's itself and thats it for the system - it's as good as the dirt on your front lawn. Sony focuses too much on TV's/Sterio's/Car Audio/Computer bits/Mobile Phones/then the PS3. The market for Sony is too big, they really don't care about the quality of their "other" products.

The only downside with the Xbox 360 is the Xbox live. You have to buy an external wireless adaptor so you can play against other people on the net. Other then that, the Xbox is made to perfection!

Your joking right made to perfection? Have you had your Xbox die on you yet? I was deciding on a wii or a 360 to complement my ps3 and after reading and seeing all of these 360's crash and burn I opted for a wii as I dont want a console that in the short term ill have to send back to get fixed due to a design fault. And you talk about sony not caring about the quality of their products.....

As I said im not a fanboy of any of them as I already own two systems and would of got the 360 if it was as reliable as my wii and ps3.

Edited by smurf80

smurf your like me, Own a Wii and PS3. Ok honestly the consoles in my house are as follows: Wii, PS3, PS2, PSone, SNES, Dreamcast, N64 and Gamecube :(

hahaha we are similar. I have a PS3, PS2, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PSP, Wii. The Gamecube is the only Nintendo console I havent owned, but since the Wii can play Gamecube games I dont have to miss out.

But on topic suss out whoever the gift is for a see if there are any particular games he/she prefers and decide from there.

I say 60GB Ps3...Controls R better too

Only thing that turns me off (other than the 1k+ price) is that you never really know if it really is an Australian model or not until you get it.

I would buy the infra red controls anyway so i dont have to dick around with cables :D

I know 3 people who had Xbox 360's and just outside the warranty period they get the dreaded red rings of death. I havent purchased either yet but most probs get a PS3. Also the PS3 upscales normal dvd's to higher quality which is pretty cool.

I know 3 people who had Xbox 360's and just outside the warranty period they get the dreaded red rings of death. I havent purchased either yet but most probs get a PS3. Also the PS3 upscales normal dvd's to higher quality which is pretty cool.

The last thing i want is something like that happening, but its always a gamble with electronics just like cars :D

i know heaps of ps3s already been fixed

so i wont be suprised when mine goes

i ended up have 3 ps2s so.......

3 ps2's? does that tell u something, not that there is problem with sony...had mine since its release and only now is the laser starting to fail, not to mention it has been thru the trials of three young children (my brothers) its been dropped and beaten and still functions well

as for the red ring of death... i believe that those are what happens when the graphics card/driver crashes as the Krome programmers managed to fck a few 360's whilst making Hellboy

Edited by RusH_

Im the same Ive had one ps2 from launch paid $700+ for it brand new and mine is still going strong. it sometimes doesnt read dvd movies when I used it in my room but it hasnt missed a beat when it comes to games.

My first PS2 lived a strong life until one day I dropped ot from a decent height by accident. I then had to get a slim line :)

I did forget the mention the DS and PSP is in my house as well :D

As for 60gb vs 40gb PS3 well that really depends on if you want Backwards Compatablity. To be honest I don't use it much and its not like the PS3 all PS2 games so you are better of getting a PS2 if you want BC. The smaller hard drive may be a pain (I plan on upgrading my 60gb HD soon). The 40gb isn't a good choice if you plan to play PS2 and don't have a PS2 console neither is the 60gb really.

I prefer the PS3 over the 360 but as I mentioned earlier go for whatever console you feel happier playing or seeing as though its a gift if your spending this amount of money on that person you should have a fair idea on what console they would prefer.

I'm stuck with same decision at the moment. Spend more money on a ps3 you can't get a mod chip for or spend less for the 360 that will probably struggle to compete with games on ps3 in the future...

Anyone know of PS3 chip?!?! That would make the decision a lot easier.