SAU Community

Gtr Modification..

beleive me when the cat is not bashed out and all that shit is still in there you can tell your gtr wants to go but it just doesnt, also makes the exhaust sound abit different(more rb sound) well im just telling you how my car was with it and how it was after i changed exhaust, mate all you need is an pfc and a decent tune and beleive me thats pretty much the bolt on mods done but also make sure you change ur cam gears, lol mate when you change them it will feel like the hks r34 gtr(ultimate response lol), just trust me and go do them and you wont regret it, they are mods that i got and mate i love it, not sick of the power, ok some people have more power but beleive me where you are now and where your gona be afetr those mods is a complete difference mate and will be a diff car, you say your getting exhaust done as we speak, that will cost you a fair bit but if its full from turbo back,

apexi pfc- 1k

cam gears etc. greddy,hks,tomei will cost you $380-$480 delievered

timing belt- $150

and then ofcourse the labour but these at the best mods to do to your gtr from stock,

cheers tony

Edited by GTRBOS

a bit of an important issue is cooling. i noticed my gtr heating up very quickly once spirited country twisties came into play. the first thing i invested in was an oil cooler and filter relocation kit. relocation kit helps if you want to survice it yourself. my temperatures dont budge anymore with the cooler fitted even when its being pushed. next was power fc. makes minimum difference on basic mods but its great in the long run.

for one this big ur looking at around $1400 rrp bit i got mine as massive overkill so i never have to upgrade to a larger one. u can get much much cheaper.. this is a grex/trust kit

post-27156-1213937678_thumb.jpg

how much are the ol coolers these days, alot of people tell me to get one for my gtr, aparentely the grex oil cooler kits are very popular

cheers tony

Going by Nengun's website, Oil Coolers range from

HKS Type S = $479.79

HKS Type R = $644.77

BLITZ = $918.20

TRUST = $780.69

Unless for track work and / or moderate spirited runs like what jenkies does, I don't see the point for just normal street use but it doesn't hurt to have one I guess.

Going by Nengun's website, Oil Coolers range from

HKS Type S = $479.79

HKS Type R = $644.77

BLITZ = $918.20

TRUST = $780.69

Unless for track work and / or moderate spirited runs like what jenkies does, I don't see the point for just normal street use but it doesn't hurt to have one I guess.

ive looked at those.. wouldnt hurt..

well my original plans were to finish the exhaust then n1 turbos (or sum similar), Power fc, cams, tune and then ive been told of the 300+kw and thats exciting..

im not after ridiculous power but def want near that 300 mark. anything above 250-260 would be awesome.. :thumbsup:

ive looked at those.. wouldnt hurt..

well my original plans were to finish the exhaust then n1 turbos (or sum similar), Power fc, cams, tune and then ive been told of the 300+kw and thats exciting..

im not after ridiculous power but def want near that 300 mark. anything above 250-260 would be awesome.. :thumbsup:

I see

guess depends how hard you wanna take your car.

I have driven cars with 303 awkw and the temps seems fine.

Then you might aswell upgrade your radiator LOL!

what was it like driving that much power? must have been awesome...

i just think how quick mine feels and how much more there could be..

im excited just thinking about it... :thumbsup:

Buddy, its FUN!

Drove a R33 GTR with all the bolt on goodies.

Cause it had low mount twin turbos, the response was there and a smooth rev from 3000 RPM to 7500 / 8000 RPM.

Same with a V-Spec II Nur I drove as well, again tuned at about 300 awkw, VERY Refined.

i jumped in my mates one, his on the forums known as allblitz and mate this thing is frikin mental i gotta say, on racetune it has aboutr 460awkw and normal tune about 350awkw and this thing is lethal so mate plenty of power at about 300awkw, my car is on 240awkw and i luv it, excellent street car, luv it hehe