SAU Community

Rubbed Out In 1 Week!

Well I guess I should have got a wheel alignment sooner. I brought a GTR R32 over to WA from Adelaide with pretty new SO3's. The suspension was removed and a standard suspension was put in to get the car over the pits and then I put the original suspension back in. Once the original suspension went back on I noticed that the car was pulling to the right and planned to take the car for an alignment. Well, with work pressures 300k's have gone by & f**k me, the front tyres are worn on a sloping angle almost to the knockers! The rubber looks like its' almost peeling off on the sloping angle. What a lesson:(

What should I consider when looking for a wheel place to do an alignment?

Well I guess I should have got a wheel alignment sooner. I brought a GTR R32 over to WA from Adelaide with pretty new SO3's. The suspension was removed and a standard suspension was put in to get the car over the pits and then I put the original suspension back in. Once the original suspension went back on I noticed that the car was pulling to the right and planned to take the car for an alignment. Well, with work pressures 300k's have gone by & f**k me, the front tyres are worn on a sloping angle almost to the knockers! The rubber looks like its' almost peeling off on the sloping angle. What a lesson:(

chances are the susp you had in it was quite a bit lower then stock, you then put standard susp in it and this jacks the car up higher, when this happens all the susp geometry's change, toe, camber and castor go out the window, So you must have been running some extreme figures to kill the tyres that quick!

when looking for a place to do a wheel alignment. all u need is a tyre shop.

all machines are basically the same.

its only the operators that you have to look out for. one young bloke buggered my rims and alignment right up. you would think that if one wheel is straight but the other is stupidly toed in it would ring some bells. obviously the kid didnt have a clue what he was doing. in this case i got what i paid for really.

there must be another issue... to scrub out tyres that quick must mean something is either toeing in or out massively... like 10mm or more

Here is the wheel allignment printout. The car still tends to pull slightly to the left. Guy at the wheel shop reckons there is no camber adjustment on the R32. I've moved the front tyres to the rear as they are probably ok for a few thousand k's or so.

wheel.jpg

I hit a decent pot hole on the way to work once with my front left wheel. Rooted the inside of the tyre in a week so I got an alignment with new tyres - turns out it was 13mm out on that one rim! :domokun: