SAU Community

How To Prevent Reflection?

futurewa

Ok Guys, the topic title probably says it all. Under certain lighting conditions my dash reflects quite strongly in the windscreen and reduces visibility/ is annoying. Is this an inherent issue with R32's(Dash shape & windscreen angle)?

Any good fixes without resorting to a 80's style dash carpet?

i get this problem too.

it does hinder visibility alot when all you can see is your own dash in the windscreen.

but given the angle of the windscreen i dont think theres much that can be done about it

unless someone has some super awesome ideas

this happens in all cars... and it doesn't even matter about tinting or what you use on the dash, in fact you can even have carpet there and it will still show a reflection, your glass is shiny... my 22 year old ute gets this... what can you do glass is shiny stuff..

maybe matt the inside of the your glass with clear matt... hehehe

wearing polarized sunglasses remove any reflection you see in the window.

How Do Polarized Lenses Work?

Light reflected from surfaces like a flat road or smooth water is generally horizontally polarized. This horizontally polarized light is blocked by the vertically oriented polarizers in the lenses.

The result: a reduction in annoying and sometimes dangerous glare.

• 1 month later...

2 ideas for you:

1. Trim your dash in expensive leather and put a TV screen in it so when you are driving, you can admire your beautiful dash and watch a DVD.

2. Take your front window out and wear those sexy goggles like a WW1 fighter pilot.

Problem solved!!

2 ideas for you:

1. Trim your dash in expensive leather and put a TV screen in it so when you are driving, you can admire your beautiful dash and watch a DVD.

2. Take your front window out and wear those sexy goggles like a WW1 fighter pilot.

Problem solved!!

That's funny lol