SAU Community

Hey Guys (new Act R33 Owner)

FLAMIN

Hey guys just brought an R33 GTST it is gun metal grey, GTR boot spoiler, coil overs, 18 in rims (Work Rims) but other than that standard. I was at the museum the other night when yez were there must say you guys have a lot of members.

1 quick question though........as per every other 25 yr old skyline owner i'm wondering what the max psi a stock engine with 98,000kms on it can take with just the standard intercooler ?

I will try and get out to the next cruise you guys do !!

Cheers.......Flamin'

Welcome Flamin

I'm not into the 'lines, but these guys are - and they are all a great bunch of guys and gals.

Sit down, relax and make yourself at home...... :P

Oh - and BTW - you better get pics up of your ride...real quick!!!

Edited by SteadyEddie

Hey guys just brought an R33 GTST it is gun metal grey, GTR boot spoiler, coil overs, 18 in rims (Work Rims) but other than that standard. I was at the museum the other night when yez were there must say you guys have a lot of members.

1 quick question though........as per every other 25 yr old skyline owner i'm wondering what the max psi a stock engine with 98,000kms on it can take with just the standard intercooler ?

I will try and get out to the next cruise you guys do !!

Cheers.......Flamin'

Hi Flamin, did you come up and introduce yourself? Which one were you? (i.e. real first name)

Another R33 Gtst in Canberra, wow :( Jokes...

Welcome.

As for your question, if youre running a stock side mount cooler and stock / near stock exhaust, my advice would be - dont turn the boost up at all.

Get yourself a decent front mount and 3" mandrel turbo back exhaust, then turn the boost up to 12psi (thats about as much as the stock turbo will handle).

If you turn the boost up without doing some inlet and exhaust upgrades you wont be happy with the result and you have more risk of damaging the turbo.

Oh and an oil catch can is a good idea to because if you turn the boost up on a standard turbo they usually start to blow oil through the inlet.

Just my advice, take it or leave it :)

yeah I own Karl's old car now and yes my name is michael and yes that sounds like me at the museum on friday night with the odd resenator !!

will get pics up asap oh by the way thanks for the advice on boost !!

:D

hey whats this about the museum? is there a regular meeting ^^ im new can you tell :bunny:

Check out the "Friday Night at the Museum" thread, people meet there from approx 9-930pm every Friday and yarn, exchange ideas, learn a lot. Its very friendly (sh!t stirring excluded) and we don't bite at all... well not hard anyway :cool:

Check out the "Friday Night at the Museum" thread, people meet there from approx 9-930pm every Friday and yarn, exchange ideas, learn a lot. Its very friendly (sh!t stirring excluded) and we don't bite at all... well not hard anyway :w00t:

sweet ill try be there this friday :) i need to check out the competetion :) and get advise

Edited by R33Gtst Driver

Welcome.

When I did the front mount and exhaust, my turbo was naturaly pushing upto 15psi at times which is when the stock computer was cutting out. I never had any problems and that turbo still has no shaft play and no problems. Its probly worse for the engine though.

Welcome.

When I did the front mount and exhaust, my turbo was naturaly pushing upto 15psi at times which is when the stock computer was cutting out. I never had any problems and that turbo still has no shaft play and no problems. Its probly worse for the engine though.

15psi wont hurt a healthy RB25DET, I run mine everyday on 18psi at the manifold (21 at the turbo) and its a daily driver... I do have an adjustable computer though, so my AFR's arent stock. :D