SAU Community

Paint Equivalent?

baron25

Hey all,

after a losing a fight with a concrete barrier i got to a panel beater and he said that a respray would be no problem, as the colour was holden's 'cardinal red' is this the same as the superclear red from nissan, or should i just walk away?

I got a second opinion, but that one told me i was looking at $800+, as the car was a pearl finish. a factory pearl finish?

Anyone know the real story?

It doesn't look like a pearl colour to me more of a solid colour but I only looked at pics of a car that colour and even though it may look like the holden colour the chances of it being the exact same colour is very slim .

Hey all,

after a losing a fight with a concrete barrier i got to a panel beater and he said that a respray would be no problem, as the colour was holden's 'cardinal red' is this the same as the superclear red from nissan, or should i just walk away?

I got a second opinion, but that one told me i was looking at $800+, as the car was a pearl finish. a factory pearl finish?

Anyone know the real story?

Nissan super clear red, colour code ANO, the worst colour on the planet to match :devil:

There's not many paint manufactures that even do a formula, I know ICI do but its a three stage colour, ground coat, pearl coat, and clear, so I would imagine some places would charge extra, I've tried matching it with other colours before but it never looks right, mainly due to the OE paint fading very easily, I've seen people end up respraying the car its that bad, sorry mate but its just a s**t of a colour :P

yeah im having the same problem. cardinal red is close and ok for under bumpers and the wheelarches and skirts etc, but i thought it was from ef fairmonts. I also found a vinyl/plastic spraycan that starts off very similar but goes pink after a while in the sun lol.

If anyone can help us, even if i have to respray the whole thing, i just need some paint

cock.

Drifty, who is this ICI of which you speak?

You need to find a panel shop that uses ICI paints, I've used ICI, Dupont and Sikkens in shops I've worked in and run, but only ICI has a paint formula for ANO, so if a shop use ICI paints they should be able to match it for you.

HI All,

I have had various paints on different kits on my 33 trying to find a match etc the colour code is "1ANO"

Super red pearl (yes it is a pearl colour from factory) if you give your car a proper cut and polish you can see a pearl throughout the paint.

Alpha panel in paint Osborne Park

Western ReCar in Wangarra (ask for Andrew)

Easily fixed, for those who have seen the quality of my paint I assure you, you will think that I have had the whole car resprayed, i havent, i wax and polish regularly for it to be extra shiny which in turns makes it even harder to match however both of these shops (especially Western Recar) have matched perfectly.

Western Recar also is a repairer for some of the major Holden car yards in WA.

• Thanks 1

ahahaah yeah didnt help ya much there did I?? honestly i really do think that most panel beaters if you ask nicely and give them a code should be able to make you up some, most of the ones I do know seem to be able to do it..... unless if us West Aussies are doing something better then you Easterners?? ahahah cant have that now can we ;-)

I also bought a can of touch up spray from a household paint company, charged me $15, bought some clear acrylic whilst i was there, was perfect for fixing up those small little stone chips!