SAU Community

Bov Oil

Nefret

Okay when i connect al my pipes and shit... my car flutters yeah ?

when i take off the massive piping hose thingo it just does a bov noise ?

isnt it ment to be the other way ?

and it low idles and stalls alot when the hose is disconnected ?

and it squirts out alot of oil ?

what could be the sitch ?

which massive piping hose? the one that goes back intot he intake before the turbo but after the afm? If it is, thats your stock bov return line. You need to plug this one up, a lot of people hose clamp a bottle cap in htere and works a treat.

The oil problem is from your pcv (blowby) Its normal to have a bit, but if it is overly excessive then you may have a problem. Install a catch can and you shouldn't have any more oil in your intercooler and piping.

Which line are you taking off for it to stall? the vacuum line on the end of the bov or the return pipe from the stock plumb back bov?

Okay when i connect al my pipes and shit... my car flutters yeah ?

if you're fluttering, your bov would be blocked. unscrew the bov flange and check for a blocking plate.

when i take off the massive piping hose thingo it just does a bov noise ?

and it low idles and stalls alot when the hose is disconnected ?

by disconnecting the bov return hose, your bov remains atmospheric. this will cause the car to stall.

and it squirts out alot of oil ?

get a catch can or even a coke bottle and connect it to your blowby lines.

Edited by dmr

vta,ing the stock bov will stall. but not because of the common misconception out there.

the stock bov is over 10+yrs old on most of our cars. as such springs wear out etc. i tried vta'ing my stock one..... didnt make it out of the street. BUY a aem bov. u will therefore have an item in perfect working order. dont go gtr bov's as they have the same age related problems