SAU Community

Ideas For Next Car

Just wondering if anyone can think of cars that are both pretty (to keep the girl happy) and reasonably quick (to keep me happy)

Criteria:

Under $20,000

should have 4 seats

reasonable sized boot

2 door's

comfy seats

I have suggested and she has said no:

Any skylines (I had a bit of a cry, and still no...)

Silvia's / 200sx

Alfa Romeo GTV (both types)

Toyota MR2

Soarers

BMW's

Honda civic / prelude / integra (getting desperate)

We have driven all of these and they have failed for reasons ranging firm ride to the windscreen isn't big enough...

Things she likes the look of but we havnt driven yet:

180sx (she doesnt know they are built on the same base as a silvia - crossing my fingers)

supra

300zx

FTO

Is there anything else in the $20k range that I am forgetting? We only have an old lancer at the moment (her car) so it shouldnt be this difficult to sell her the idea of a decent car!

Thanks for your help :dry:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fto - i find them to be crappy when compared to the likes of supras and skylines

20k - u can probably get a 1993 twin turbo supra - but the condition may not be as good

personally id go for the supra

another car she can look at is the corolla levin - the 2 door jap spec one.....i forget what its exact name is.....

The guy wants a car with 2 door guys.

I wouldn't recommend the supra if you're planning on having children or have them already. I wouldn't call the things at the back, seats or that small hole in the rear, a boot. Forget supra if you're looking at having a family at some stage.

There's not much other 2 door cars I can think of that's 'good'.

If you went 4 doors as well. I would go for the A4 or JZX90 mark II or JZX100 chaser.

Good luck!

Edited by adam-__-

As mentioned try and look for an A3 1.8t, there might possibly be a 1.8t Quattro A4 in that price range too, a chip + simple mods and youll be happy with the speed, hopefully she will like the luxury

goes fast and keeps the girl happy??? answer simple: a stagea its quick and its a WAGON... keep the girl happy where ever you go! know what i mean! good luck with the car hunting

grow a set of nuts and buy the car you want?
Tell her to get back to the kitchen where she belongs.
Ask what she would like, listen patiently to her reasons then buy what you want anyway and tell her to have a coke and a smile and shut the f**k up

these people all make sense!

saying that, I would go the Supra if I was pussy whipped :)

Edited by Nexus9

+1 FOR A STAGEA

My missus was dark at me for not buying her a corolla (!) but after she drove it, she reckons it was the first car she ever came emotionally attached to. They go pretty well when stock (well, compared to a commonwhore of foulcan wagon anyway) you have all the same mod options of a skyline, about 10 times the interior room, and the NVH and build quality far surpass any other wagon I have ever driven.

Having said that, the Audi A3 1.8t is a horn of a car