SAU Community

Sa's New Hooning Laws

kalel

The clamp could have something to prevent access to the lugnuts?

yeah the size of the lock covers half the rim if its the same style they use in america

i saw this in the paper, the brace is for repeat affenders for drink driving, vandals/graphitti or driving unrego'd or unlicenced.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want to run an idea by everyone.... stickers that say: I SAY NO TO HOONING...... this may be a big saviour when it comes to getting pulled over eg. show the cop and in turn you may get him on side... avoide a few defects and any other biased fines by the cops

isnt the clamp also dyna bolted to the ground

i just want to run an idea by everyone.... stickers that say: I SAY NO TO HOONING...... this may be a big saviour when it comes to getting pulled over eg. show the cop and in turn you may get him on side... avoide a few defects and any other biased fines by the cops

cept for the fact you may of slipped up one day and come sideways round a corner hows your sticker going to save that one..? :)

im gonna go hoon/drive unregistered etc to get a wheel brace then post a topic on it :domokun:

removing the whole front suspension/controll assembly from the cross member bar to the hub might gain me access to it :thanks:

i doubt doing a little burnout in a sidestreet somewhere will automatically get your car clamped. if everyone stays sensible on the road then we will pwn their clamping!

• 3 weeks later...

revving your engine shouldn't be too much of a problem unless your car is already defectable like not having a cat or having a screamer pipe. hate it when you try and reverse parallel and some idiot drives up behind you giving you no room to park so i usually rev my car a little bit at them, a sort of get out the way thing i guess. has happened to me down hindley and recently at brighton. didn't notice till my mate pointed out but the car i revved at when i went to park at brighton had a cop car behind him but nothing happened neway.

but thats ^^ not classified as hooning as revving your car while parking sometimes might be necessary if you have a heavy duty clutch or something....but i think the whole hooning thing on revving is redlining any particular gear...i do it wen i cnt be bothered changing gears on the way home...slam it in 2nd get to 60 and dump it into 4th...that can be classified as hooning according to a mate who is a cop

but thats ^^ not classified as hooning as revving your car while parking sometimes might be necessary if you have a heavy duty clutch or something....but i think the whole hooning thing on revving is redlining any particular gear...i do it wen i cnt be bothered changing gears on the way home...slam it in 2nd get to 60 and dump it into 4th...that can be classified as hooning according to a mate who is a cop

are you serious? he reckons that is hooning! that's a load of BS

bezender Posted Today, 03:12 PM

well i drove sideways right infront of a cop about a fortnight ago, and i just got my fine in the mail yesterday...

failing to maintain control of a vehicle = $112 fine

thats fkn hilarious! -edit -well the fine aint hilarious, but sideways in front of the chops.

you're a lucky bugger!

i dropped my clutch at 3500rpm, spun the wheels a little in a carpark, and they wanted to impound my car!

Edited by MSPEC33

thats fkn hilarious! -edit -well the fine aint hilarious, but sideways in front of the chops.

you're a lucky bugger!

i dropped my clutch at 3500rpm, spun the wheels a little in a carpark, and they wanted to impound my car!

lol yeah i pulled out of a side street onto a busy road less than straight, and kept it going a fair way in 2nd.. then pulled into my driveway, only to have the red n blue disco behind me :D

had a nice cop, said from the get go that he aint gonna defect me or impond my car, but he is gonna fine be (that is cool by me :banana: )

lol yeah i pulled out of a side street onto a busy road less than straight, and kept it going a fair way in 2nd.. then pulled into my driveway, only to have the red n blue disco behind me :D

had a nice cop, said from the get go that he aint gonna defect me or impond my car, but he is gonna fine be (that is cool by me :D )

wow their are resonable cops out there! :banana: we need more like that !!

Yeh unfortunately for you and me and everyone else out there, cops are exempt under the road traffic act in case of emergencies, so what that means is he can speed if he has a reasonable reason. So when his pizza is ready for pickup at Dominos and he doesn't want it to get cold, he can speed!?

As per a previous post on a different thread but still applies here. :P

Well legaly cops are allowed to go 15km over the speed limit and WTF do they care about pizza they can go to maccas and get 50% off. Plus if coppars get a silent call the still have to put there lights on but the dont have to put the sirens on. And with the wheel brace they put it on your car after you put it in your backyard/frontyard the second time the just leave your ar on the side of the road and the third time it gets impounded and its like $70 a day if you leave it there after they say you can pick it up.

Yeh unfortunately for you and me and everyone else out there, cops are exempt under the road traffic act in case of emergencies, so what that means is he can speed if he has a reasonable reason. So when his pizza is ready for pickup at Dominos and he doesn't want it to get cold, he can speed!?

fair enuff they can speed i say, it is a necessity... and of course some will abuse it, its human nature (i know i would be tempted to if i had that power :) ). One thing no one has mentioned is how much trouble the police get in if they get in an accident while travelling over the speed limit (the word reamed comes to mind).

its not just trying to set the land speed record in a commonwhore on a donut run and damn the consequences :( they are very accountable for their actions, more so than the public (they just have different parameters to behave within)

I think I count myself extremely lucky from all accounts that I have read so far. In a moment of extreme impatience from the traffic that I had been experiencing all day and the traffic jams from accidents, I stupidly took a turn off on a country road too fast and got my car extremely side ways before doing a 270 deg spin. This happened in front of an unmarked police car. I am pretty sure the guy was off duty cos he had his kids in the car. I got off with a official caution. Now if that is not lucky I don't know what is. From now I am driving like I am 'Driving miss Daisy' :(