SAU Community

Hid Globes

ali-turko

hey guys

as use all no r32s have shit lighting, no im not guna put a hid kit but im wondering bout the hid globes, you can use

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H3C-EXTREME-SUPER-W...1QQcmdZViewItem

has any one got any experience with them??

or whats the best way to get to most light out of an r32 with out hid kit

hey guys

as use all no r32s have shit lighting, no im not guna put a hid kit but im wondering bout the hid globes, you can use

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/H3C-EXTREME-SUPER-W...1QQcmdZViewItem

has any one got any experience with them??

or whats the best way to get to most light out of an r32 with out hid kit

To my knowledge, if its HID.. then it must have a ballast, ignitor and the rest of it..

if it says HID globe, i reckon its just trying to draw attention to ppl that it might be "HID-like" but its actually just a white halogen bulb.

Just get some branded globes (eg philips, narva) with the proper rating to your stock bulbs

To my knowledge, if its HID.. then it must have a ballast, ignitor and the rest of it..

if it says HID globe, i reckon its just trying to draw attention to ppl that it might be "HID-like" but its actually just a white halogen bulb.

Just get some branded globes (eg philips, narva) with the proper rating to your stock bulbs

+1 to what he's saying, but I can't seem to get the eBay link to work.

I've got the cheap HID kits installed in my R32's projectors and I have to admit, they're shit. They produce much better lighting at night, but also quite a lot of glare and hot spots. I'd recommend getting some name brand globes.

Yeah, I agree too... I was thinking of getting a HID kit too... but with HID's - they will gradually get dimmer and then whitish yellowy after a while - also, too much glare... I'd recommend the Phillips Diamond Vision range - very nice clear white light and very durable would last you a couple of years, I'd say.

there not an proper xenon light they are gas filled halogen lights, iv tryed the best brands most expensive and the results wernt much better

Yep, I know what you mean mate. Next thing to do is get a retrofit all setup and ready to go. With what your car's gone through, you wouldn't want your car to have shit glary headlights. Retrofit it!

hey mate,

i went on ebay, to sought after a nice set of globes, after using the phillips blue ones, they were SHIT! rofl i found these.. i love them and they were cheaper!! only cost 30$ a pair made by KLS power spirit. the color is awsome :D rainbow man ay. a bit or red,green & blue even some yellow rolf hard to explain D:> but im am happy and recoomend these ones too bud

i got these LINK TO GLOBES @ EBAY

regards JEZ

hey mate,

i went on ebay, to sought after a nice set of globes, after using the phillips blue ones, they were SHIT! rofl i found these.. i love them and they were cheaper!! only cost 30$ a pair made by KLS power spirit. the color is awsome :) rainbow man ay. a bit or red,green & blue even some yellow rolf hard to explain D:> but im am happy and recoomend these ones too bud

i got these LINK TO GLOBES @ EBAY

regards JEZ

Hey 32JEZ, how do those ebay globes compare to Philip Diamond Range? Whiter, brighter?? Anyone else can vouch for these globes?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...N:IT&ih=023

Didnt think the phillips ones came in a h3c, on other cars have run 6mm wire direct from the baterry via a relay helped quite a bit

Havn't tried it yet on the 32 but might have ta the stock lights are crap mine had raybrig? globes when I got it there pretty well known and xpensive

actually think they were pretty average but who knows how old they were?

i had splitfire ultra white globes 4300 i think? in my old onevia and f*k oaf it was a big difference from the standard sh*t

i could see heaps better at night and its not fully white but more white then yellow.

got it from hioctaneracing.com.au

try pm them to see if they have any left.

Couldnt direct ya to a skyline one but there is one for doing it to a jeep :P

all pretty well much of a muchness would save some wear an tear on ya headlight switch too

as it is only triggering the lights not carrying any real load

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoHeadlightLoom.htm

and have to agree with comments about limiting the wattage used have replaced my jeep lights with glass ones to run higher wattage 100/130's

have seen others melt toyota 4B lights using similar bulbs

Edited by noone

i am looking at getting some new globes for my 32gtr but arent sure what size to get meaing H1, H2 , H3 etc........? was wondering if anyone has got some and could tell me which ones i need cos the dude at the shop was no help he had no idea

Cheers