SAU Community

fuel pump for 32 gts-t

Hi Guys,

I just found out my fuel pump is stuffed and I was wondering if you guys knew what would be a good one to upgrade to. I was thinking of upgrading to one that will support more power so I dont have to change it in the future.

Thanks

Mark

:uh-huh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could slap a GTR pump in there for $350 or you could buy a bosh 910 for $250. The Bosh910 is an external pump. GTR internal.

Depends on what sort of power you are after.

Bosch 040 in tank fuel pump, 230L/min. (edit-woops should be hour) Shop around, you should be able to find one for $300-$350 new.

Dont know how loud they are, the 044s are a joke with the constant whining.

What do GTR pumps flow, is $350 new from Nissan?

That was a couple of quick prices from that D1garage place in Adelaide. The Bosh 910 is new not sure about the GTR pump.

So what power level would the 040 support then?

The 044's are 600hp pumps what are the 040's?

I dont know something like 500hp

This is from a spreadsheet i made when buying my fuel pump, i cant recall where the info came from.

- Bosch 040 - 235 L/hour

- Bosch 044 - 330 L/hour

- Bosch 910 - 200 L/hour

&

- GTR pump - 190 L/hour

- GTST pump - 135 L/hour

Like i said this is from an old spreadsheet, i cant recall where the figures came from, or the integrity of them.

The 910 can be mounted as an internal pump as well I believe.. i think if all you want is a "replacement" and aren't planning more than 450hp (which is something like 280rwkw)..the 910 would be fine.. save the $

I picked mine up for $200.. yet to go in as its a bit of a bitch getting the cover off to get into the tank itself. Haven't had a few hours spare to sit down and work out how its all to go in..

might be able to give you a hand fitting it - or you can come and give me a hand when i try and do mine :D

If you are chasing upto 250rwkw, go the GTR pump, they fit where the stock one does and minimal stuffing around.

I just put in a 044, what a pain in the arse. Had to chase around for hours to get all the mounting adaptors hardware, then had to hack saw the bracket to fit the pump, then bend the bracket to fit it into the tank and it still didnt go in easy. I would estimante a stock pump to gtr would take 1 hour tops, 044, with all the stuffing around (trying to find the parts, then actually getting them) took the best part of a day.

Or, just put a bosch pump in line.

A friends 200SX is supposed to have an 044 pump in its tank. There are bladder type syphons that can be screwed into the pumps pick up so that they can still be used in tank. Can anyone else confirm this?

As for the noise, be prepared they are noisy, me i think they sound cool, but i know it gets on the nerves of the cars owner, and if pulled over by Police could be a point of concern.

Oh and one other thing, my insurance company stipulates im free to have mods to whatever, except my fuel system must remain original.

If this is a smart way of ensuring a HP ceiling, or arises from a safety/fire perspective i dont know. But with a pump whining away when car is running i wouldnt want to be the person explaining the noise to the assessor.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

You can use the pickup from the stock pump, just have to remove the tag that secures it to the stock pump (its plastic and sidecutters and stanley knife do a nice job), then use a piece of 1/2" hose from the bottom of the pump to the pickup and a couple of clamps.

You also need the fitting to go in the bottom of the pump and these are pretty rare but I found one at a speed shop, then you need a hosetail connector to go on the fitting to attach the 1/2 inch line.

You also need a banjo connector for the top of the pump, and some 3/8 fuel line to replace the existing stuff cos its too small and hose clamps. A couple of wire connectors, an 8mm and 10mm nut, stainless hose clamp to secure the pump to the bracket, but you could probably use cable ties if you are in a bodgey mood.:D

The pump ends up alot higher on the bracket so the pickup is in the right spot, so you need to bend the two tongues that secure the bracket to the (edit) tank, as the extra girth of the pump over stock prevents the tongues locating in the bracket.

If your insurance company wants you to keep a stock fuel pump, try a GTR one, I doubt very if an insurance inspector would know the difference between it and a stock one. then just get an adjustable nismo fuel pressure reg, cos apart from the adjust bolt on the top, they look stock and fit in the stock position. Something to think about anyways.:D

Im with client, my 044 in my 32 went in no worries at all, under an hour as well...I could do it after seeing it done in say 30...Just make sure when u get it done, u only have say 1/4 tank etc.

With my 044, i only notice the noise when its a *hot* day,

apart from that, i get this shit circulating noise every say 30sec/min, sometimes it doesn't happen for 10min, but it sounds ghey :)

In regards to needing a tune, is this likely?

How do u 'dial in a new pressure' :)

Originally posted by Steve

No they are not.  Why do you want rising rate?  Just dial in the pressure you want, and adjust the pulse width to suit.

True...

I assumed after seeing Malpassi Adj. Rising rate fuel pressure reg's that they were the go. When Running really high fuel pressure to get the most out of your injectors wouldn't it be better to have a rising rate to reduce the stress of extra fuel pressure when just plotting around on low to medium boost?!?!

Brody...

I get that same crap noise on hot days with my Boch 910 external pump. I really don't like that sound.. What actually causes it? Surely it wouldn't be vapour locks?!?!

Joel, if it wont take the stress all day every day, you shouldnt be using the pressure, or at least upgrading fuel lines etc. I would hate to try and stretch my fuel system even close to limits, 'cos all it would take is a tiny hole, either running lean, or fuel vapour floating around - not sure which I would like less? If you are in doubt, perhaps its time to replace all the feed lines?