SAU Community

fuel pump for 32 gts-t

well whats the go with changing a fuel pump in regards of performance and fuel consumption

i mean my cars only got these mods

zaust and filter

so goin a better fuel pump will do what exactly?

put more fuel into the system?

make it use more

what exactly

and why would u need a upgrade

and would u need a upgrade only when puttin in bigger injectors

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It made mine run richer.. A Lot richer. hence slightly more fuel consumption and lots of pops and bangs from the exhaust.

One quick question.... Anyone..

I heard Matt's 268rwkw RB25 R32 idling and I noticed that the fuel pump was a little noisy (what mine sounds like on a hot day) BUT.. My fuel pump only operates when you touch the accelerator not when idling.

Mine is setup so that it runs Inline as it is an external pump.

Is that a normal type setup? When you touch the accelerator it activates the bigger pump?

yeah, i would also like to know how loud the 044 pumps are, are they really that annoying? like say compared to the annoyingness some ppl find of loud exhausts on the freeway.... i.e. not the same loudness, but would it be that annoying daily driving?

edit: also if possible, could you give a description of what it sounds like? maybe even a wav or mp3 file would be nice :D

Those that i have heard are a loud whining, i hazard to say if you had a sock stereo then it wouldnt be able to drown out the noise.

The noise doent bother me, but im use to noisy cars.

Tim @ RPM also told me that with the 044 the fuel pressure tends to creep and cause a slight flooding with the standard fuel pressure reg's when idling for a while.

Hmm shit...

alright...because ive been getting round 230k per tank since having it put in...though i also had the timing put down at the same time due to pinging (thought the old pump was on the way out), so i thought that was the main cause of power loss...

So, can we adjust the pressure without a regulator?

I was looking to get 1 of those r32 chips in the 'for sale' section, which is ment to have new fuel maps...will this also help?

What do you guy's think would be a good pump to change to in my RB25DE... I don't want to have to change anything else (fuel px regulator etc), but I want it to be able to support an RB30 conversion